The Cardless Boston Celtics is a no annual fee credit card that earns 7x points on Boston Celtics tickets, 3x points at bars and restaurants, and 1x points everywhere else.
This card previously offered a more lucrative welcome bonus and extra points in several valuable categories, but Cardless has eliminated many of the reasons why you would want to get this card.
Now we instead recommend some good alternatives below to the Cardless credit card.
Welcome Bonus of 5,000 Points
Cardless is offering a welcome bonus of 5,000 points (worth at least $50) when you spend $500 in the first 3 months.
This card previously had a welcome bonus of 30,000 points (worth $300), so I recommend waiting for a higher bonus to return. Or get one of our recommended cards below, which is a better option.
Earning Points with the Celtics Card
The Boston Celtics card previously offered 7x points on ridesharing and streaming, 4x points on bars and restaurants, and 2x points on groceries and drug stores.
But Cardless eliminated many of these lucrative categories.
Now the Boston Celtics card only earns:
- 7 points per dollar for Boston Celtics game tickets you buy directly from the Boston Celtics or through ticketmaster.com.
- 3 points per dollar at bars and restaurants (excluding food delivery apps like Uber Eats and DoorDash)
- 1 point per dollar on all other spending.
Cardless makes it easy to redeem your points for gift cards, premium items, sports experiences, and more:
Gift Cards – You can redeem your points at 1.25 cents each for Fanatics gift cards for Celtics gear. For example, 40,000 points get you a $475 Fanatics gift card.
Statement Credits – Redemption is at 1 cent per point for statement credits. For example, you’ll get $400 in statement credits for 40,000 points.
Sports Items and Experiences – You can also get team-signed merchandise like an autographed Leone Powe jersey or an autographed Larry Bird basketball for your sports collection. Or redeem for game tickets to witness your favorite team’s match live at the court.
Cardless Boston Celtics Benefits
No Annual Fee and No Foreign Transaction Fees
Cardless offers nice perks and rewards without charging an annual fee, late payment fees, or foreign transaction fees.
20% Off Online Celtics Store Purchases
If you like the Boston Celtics Card, you can refer a friend and earn 10,000 points if they’re approved.
There is also a maximum number of referrals is 10 per calendar year (100,000 points from referrals).
Virtual Card for Immediate Online Transactions
All Cardless credit cards come with a virtual card number that you can use right away for online purchases. You can immediately buy your favorite sports merchandise online while waiting for your physical Mastercard to arrive in the mail.
Simply log into the Cardless app to access your virtual card number, expiration date, and digital security code. Cardless is mobile wallet-friendly and compatible with Apple Wallet and Google Pay, so you can use your virtual card anywhere mobile wallets are accepted.
Pros and Cons of the Boston Celtics Card
Here’s a quick overview of this card’s advantages and disadvantages:
- 7x points per dollar for Celtics tickets can be lucrative if you spend a lot of Celtics tickets each year.
- 3x points at bars and restaurants.
- No annual fee and no foreign transaction fees.
- 20% off online Celtics store purchases.
- No card benefits like purchase protection, extended warranty, or trip protection.
- Potential for additional negative changes.
Alternatives to the Cardless Celtics Card
Now that you know about this credit card’s various benefits and pros and cons, it’s time to see its alternatives.
Citi Double Cash
The Citi® Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer boasts a strong 2% rewards rate on purchases, where you get 1% back when you buy and 1% when you pay.
This zero-annual-fee card offers a solid earning potential as long as you pay your balance on time, and it provides a simple way to rack up points with no bonus categories to track.
You can also boost your rewards by also holding the Citi Premier® Card (review), which allows you to transfer points to airline and hotel programs. This combination effectively allows you to earn 2 airline miles per dollar on all spending with the Citi Double Cash.
Citi Custom Cash
- 5% Cash Back on Purchases in Your Top Eligible Spend Category Each Billing Cycle up to $500 (1% after that)
- 0% Intro APR for 15 Months on Purchases and Balance Transfers ($5 or 5% fee). After that, reg_apr,reg_apr_type.
- No Annual Fee
The Citi Custom Cash is a no-annual-fee card that earns 5% cash back in your top spending category each billing cycle.
Eligible 5% cash back categories, among several others, include:
- Gas stations.
- Grocery stores.
- Select travel.
- Home improvement stores.
- Drug stores.
- Fitness clubs.
This allows you to turn the Custom Cash into your 5% cash back card for your favorite category.
Chase Freedom Flex
- Earn a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in the first 3 months.
- 5% Cash Back in Quarterly Bonus Categories (up to $1,500 in combined spending after activation)
- 5% Cash Back on Travel Purchased Via Chase
- 3% Cash Back at Restaurants, Eligible Food Delivery, and Drug Stores
- Cell Phone Insurance and Purchase Protection
- No Annual Fee
The Freedom Flex also earns 3% cash back at restaurants, eligible food delivery, and drug stores.
The card also comes with nice benefits such as cell phone insurance, extended warranty, purchase protection, secondary rental car insurance, and trip cancellation/interruption insurance.
I am no longer a fan of this card after the recent devaluation. The card used to be a good option with extra points in valuable categories.
Now, I recommend you get another card with better benefits and spending bonuses like the: