Capital One recently improved the transfer ratio to 1 to 1 for almost all of their transfer partners, making Capital One competitive with American Express Membership Rewards and Chase Ultimate Rewards.
Airline Mileage Transfers
Capital One miles can be transferred to 14 airline mileage programs with every transfer at a 1 to 1 ratio except for EVA.
|Airline||Transfer Ratio||Transfer Time|
|AeroMexico||1 to 1||Instant|
|Air Canada (Aeroplan)||1 to 1||Instant|
|Air France (Flying Blue)||1 to 1||Instant|
|Avianca (LifeMiles)||1 to 1||Instant|
|British Airways||1 to 1||Instant|
|Cathay Pacific (Asia Miles)||1 to 1||3 to 5 days|
|Emirates||1 to 1||Instant|
|Etihad||1 to 1||24 hours|
|EVA||2 to 1.5||24-48 hours|
|Finnair||1 to 1||Instant|
|Qantas||1 to 1||24-48 hours|
|Singapore (KrisFlyer)||1 to 1||24-48 hours|
|TAP Portugal||1 to 1||Instant|
|Turkish||1 to 1||Instant|
My favorite transfer options would be:
- Avianca LifeMiles (1 to 1) – Great option for avoiding fuel surcharges on flights to Europe or complex routings.
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles (1 to 1)- Good option for booking OneWorld awards (American, Qatar Airways, Japan Airlines).
- Etihad Guest (1 to 1)- Etihad has several sweet spots on their partner award chart including flights on American Airlines, ANA, and Asiana Airlines.
Hotel Points Transfers
Capital One miles can be transferred to three hotel points programs, but you will likely get better value by transferring to airline programs.
|Hotel||Transfer Ratio||Transfer Time|
|Accor Live Limitless||2 to 1||24 to 48 hours|
|Choice Privileges||1 to 1||24 Hours|
|Wyndham Rewards||1 to 1||Instant|
How to Earn Capital One Miles
There are four options to earn Capital One miles:
- Venture Rewards– 2x miles everywhere.
- VentureOne– 1.25x miles everywhere.
- Spark Miles for Business– 2x miles everywhere.
- Spark Miles Select for Business– 1.5x miles everywhere.