The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card is a no-annual fee card earning a simple 1.5% cash back on purchases.
It also offers an intro APR offer, no foreign transaction fees, extended warranty protection, and more.
This article will cover everything you need to know about this card to determine if you should add this card or a different card to your wallet. Let’s dive right in.
Earning Cash Back
No Annual Fee
One of the best things about the Capital One Quicksilver card is that it allows you to earn cash back with no annual fee.
The Quicksilver Card offers the following benefits:
0% Intro APR for 15 Months
New cardholders receive 0% intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases, then reg_apr,reg_apr_type APR.
Special Capital One Benefits
This card offers special perks for being a Capital One cardholder:
- Capital One Travel: Access the Capital One Travel portal for exclusive prices on flights, hotel stays, and more. Pay with your rewards, your card, or a combination of the two.
- Capital One Entertainment: Access exclusive music, sports, and dining experiences through Capital One Entertainment. This could include pre-sales, special event tickets, tickets for suites, and more.
- Capital One Dining: Access exclusive cardholder-only reservations at restaurants and tickets to special culinary experiences.
- Capital One Cafes: Get 50% off drinks using your Capital One card at Capital One Cafes.
- CreditWise: Get access to your credit score access and receive alerts about changes to your Experian or Transunion credit reports with Capital One’s tool CreditWise.
Credit card extended warranty protection adds up to an additional year of coverage for eligible purchases on manufacturer’s warranties up to 3 years.
Coverage matches the protection provided by the original warranty so that damage or defect would have to be covered by the original warranty for extended warranty coverage.
Travel Accident Insurance
Travel accident insurance pays out a specified benefit in the very unlikely scenario that you or your immediate family become severely injured, including dismemberment, loss of sight, hearing, or speech, or death due to a covered accident on a common carrier during your travels when purchased with this card.
No Foreign Transaction Fees
This card has no foreign transaction fees on purchases outside the U.S., which is helpful if you travel internationally to help you avoid paying a 3% fee on those international purchases.
Redeeming Cash Back
The cash back accumulated through your Capital One Quicksilver card can be utilized in a number of ways, including as a statement credit, a check, or a gift card. Alternatively, you have the option to use it directly towards a particular charge on your statement.
What’s more, there’s no requirement for a minimum amount to redeem your cash back. All you need to do is log into your account, either through the app or on your computer, and choose the redemption method that suits you best.
Pros and Cons of the Quicksilver Rewards Card
Here’s a quick overview of this card’s advantages and disadvantages:
- Simple earning rate of 1.5% back on everyday purchaes.
- Intro purchase and balance transfer APR (detailed above).
- No annual fee and no foreign transaction fees.
- Nice welcome bonus for a no annual fee card.
- Other no-annual fee cards earn more cash back, such as the Citi® Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer. However, these cards generally offer fewer benefits and lower welcome bonuses than the Quicksilver Card.
Alternatives to the Quicksilver Card
Now that you know about this credit card’s various benefits and pros and cons, it’s time to see its alternatives.
Citi® Double Cash Card
The Citi® Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer boasts a strong 2% rewards rate on purchases, where you get 1% back when you buy and 1% when you pay.
This zero-annual-fee card offers a solid earning potential as long as you pay your balance on time, and it provides a simple way to rack up points with no bonus categories to track.
You can also boost your rewards by also holding the Citi Premier® Card (review), which allows you to transfer points to airline and hotel programs. This combination effectively allows you to earn 2 airline miles per dollar on all spending with the Citi Double Cash.
Citi Custom Cash℠ Card
- 5% Cash Back on Purchases in Your Top Eligible Spend Category Each Billing Cycle up to $500 (1% after that)
- 0% Intro APR for 15 Months on Purchases and Balance Transfers ($5 or 5% fee). After that, reg_apr,reg_apr_type.
- No Annual Fee
The Citi Custom Cash is a no-annual-fee card that earns 5% cash back in your top spending category each billing cycle.
Eligible 5% cash back categories, among several others, include:
- Gas stations.
- Grocery stores.
- Select travel.
- Home improvement stores.
- Drug stores.
- Fitness clubs.
This allows you to turn the Custom Cash into your 5% cash back card for your favorite category.
Chase Freedom Unlimited®
The Chase Freedom Unlimited® (review) is a good no-annual fee credit card option that offers 5% cash back on travel booked through Chase Ultimate Rewards, 3% cash back at restaurants, takeout, eligible delivery services, and on drugstore purchases. Plus it offers 1.5% cash back on all other eligible purchases.
The card also offers nice benefits such as purchase protection, extended warranty, trip cancellation/interruption insurance, and secondary rental car insurance.
Is the Quicksilver Card Worth It?
The Quicksilver Card is a good no annual fee option for people who want to earn cash back.
The card offers a nice welcome bonus, extended warranty protection, 1.5% back on everyday purchases, 5% back on hotel and rental cars via Capital One Travel, and special perks via Capital One.