Having the right credit card is key for all of the expenses of owning an RV.
You need a card that offers extra rewards at gas stations, supermarkets, restaurants, and everyday spending for that inevitable RV repair.
Below are my favorite credit cards that RV owners should consider adding to their wallet.
1. Citi Custom Cash℠ Card
Best for Spending at Gas Stations
- Earn $200 Cash Back After Spending $1,500 in the First Six Months
- 5% Cash Back on Purchases in Your Top Eligible Spend Category Each Billing Cycle up to $500 (1% after that)
- 0% Intro APR for 15 Months on Purchases and Balance Transfers ($5 or 5% fee). After that, a variable APR of 17.74% – 27.74% applies.
- No Annual Fee
The Citi Custom Cash℠ Card is a no-annual-fee card that earns 5% cash back in your top spending category each billing cycle.
Eligible 5% cash back categories include restaurants, gas stations, grocery stores, select travel, home improvement stores, drug stores, select transit, select streaming, fitness clubs, and live entertainment.
2. Citi® Double Cash Card - 18 month BT offer
Best for Cash Back on Everyday Purchases
The Citi® Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer boasts a strong 2% rewards rate on purchases, where you get 1% back when you buy and 1% when you pay.
This zero-annual-fee card offers a solid earning potential as long as you pay your balance on time, and it provides a simple way to rack up points with no bonus categories to track.
You can also boost your rewards by also holding the Citi Premier® Card (review), which allows you to transfer points to airline and hotel programs. This combination effectively allows you to earn 2 airline miles per dollar on all spending with the Citi Double Cash.
3. Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi
Alternative Choice for Best Credit Card for Gas
The Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi is a no-annual-fee card that earns:
- 4% cash back on eligible gas and EV Charging up to $7,000 per year (then 1%)
- 3% cash back at restaurants and eligible travel purchases
- 2% cash back at Costco.
The Costco card also offers purchase protection and no foreign transaction fees.
4. Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
Best for Spending at U.S. Supermarkets
- Earn a $250 Bonus as a Statement Credit After $3,000 in Eligible Purchases in the First 6 Months
- 6% Cash Back at U.S. Supermarkets (up to $6,000 per year) and on Select U.S. Streaming
- 3% Cash Back on Transit, Ridesharing, Parking, and at U.S. Gas Stations
- $0 Intro Annual Fee for the First Year, then $95. (Rates and Fees)
The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express offers an outstanding 6% cash back rewards for purchases at U.S. supermarkets (up to $6,000 per year) and on U.S. streaming services, making it perfect for anyone who wants to maximize earnings from everyday expenses.
Plus, the card offers 3% cash back on transit, rideshare, parking, and U.S. gas stations.
The card has a $0 intro annual fee for the first year (then $95 thereafter), but earns 3% cash back at U.S. gas stations and on transit, including rideshare, taxis, buses, trains, and parking.
5. Citi Premier® Card
Best Card for Earning Points
The Citi Premier® Card currently offers a large 80,000 points welcome bonus after spending $4,000 in the first three months.
The Premier card also comes with no foreign transaction fees, purchase protection, and an extended warranty for items purchased with the card that adds an additional 24 months to the manufacturer’s warranty.
6. U.S. Bank Altitude® Connect Visa Signature® Card
- Earn 50,000 Points After Spending $2,000 in Eligible Purchases in the First 120 Days
- 5X Points on Eligible Prepaid Hotels and Car Rentals Booked Directly in the Altitude Rewards Center
- 4X Points on Travel, Gas, and EV Charging Stations
- $30 Annual Streaming Credit and Global Entry/TSA PreCheck Credit
- Cell Phone Insurance
- $0 Intro Annual Fee the First Year, $95 Thereafter
The U.S. Bank Altitude® Connect Visa Signature® Card earns 4x points on travel, at gas stations, and EV charging stations (equivalent to 4% cashback).
Plus 2x points at grocery stores, grocery delivery, dining, and streaming services.
It also offers nice perks such as no foreign transaction fees, a $30 annual streaming bonus, cell phone insurance, and a TSA PreCheck or Global Entry credit.
7. Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
- Earn 75,000 Bonus Miles After Spending $4,000 Within the First Three Months
- 5x Miles on Hotels and Rental Cars via Capital One
- 2x Miles Everywhere Else
- 2 Free Visits to Capital One Lounges Each Year
- Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check Credit
- Hertz 5-Star Elite Status
- Rental Car Insurance and Extended Warranty
- $95 Annual Fee
The Capital One Venture Rewards is a travel rewards credit card that earns an unlimited 2 miles per dollar on all purchases, and 5 miles per dollar on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel.
The card also offers up to a $100 Global Entry TSA PreCheck credit, and two free visits each year to the Capital One Lounge.
8. Citi Rewards+® Card
- Earn 20,000 ThankYou Points after $1,500 in Purchases in the First 3 Months + 5x Points on Restaurants up to $6,000 in the First Year
- Round Up to the Nearest 10 points on Every Purchase
- 2x Points at Supermarkets and Gas Stations
- 10% Points Back up to 15,000 Extra Points
- No Annual Fee
The Citi Rewards+ Card is a no-annual-fee card that offers 2 points per dollar at gas stations and grocery stores, on up to $6,000 per year (and 1 point per dollar thereafter).
Plus, it rounds the earnings on all purchases up to the nearest 10 points and gives you 10% back on the first 100,000 points you redeem each year.
9. Chase Freedom Unlimited®
The Chase Freedom Unlimited® is a good no-annual fee credit card option that offers 5% cash back on travel booked through Chase Ultimate Rewards, 3% cash back at restaurants, takeout, eligible delivery services, and on drugstore purchases. Plus it offers 1.5% cash back on all other eligible purchases.
The Freedom Unlimited also offers nice benefits such as purchase protection, extended warranty, trip cancellation/interruption insurance, and secondary rental car insurance.
10. Chase Freedom Flex℠
- Earn $200 Bonus Cash Back After Spending $500 in the First 3 Months
- 5% Cash Back in Quarterly Bonus Categories (up to $1,500 in combined spending after activation)
- 5% Cash Back on Travel Purchased Via Chase
- 3% Cash Back at Restaurants, Eligible Food Delivery, and Drug Stores
- Cell Phone Insurance and Purchase Protection
- No Annual Fee
The Chase Freedom Flex℠ is a great no-annual fee card that earns 5% cash back in quarterly categories (up to $1,500 in combined spending) and on travel purchased via Chase Ultimate Rewards.
The Freedom Flex also earns 3% cash back at restaurants, eligible food delivery, and drug stores.
The card also comes with nice benefits such as cell phone insurance, extended warranty, purchase protection, secondary rental car insurance, and trip cancellation/interruption insurance.