Having the right credit card is key for all of the expenses of owning an RV.
You need a card that offers extra rewards at gas stations, supermarkets, restaurants, and everyday spending for that inevitable RV repair.
Below are my favorite credit cards that RV owners should consider adding to their wallet.
1. Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
Best for All-Around Spending
- 5x Miles on Hotels and Rental Cars via Capital One Travel
- 2x Miles Everywhere Else
- 2 Free Visits to Capital One Lounges Each Year
- Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check Credit
- Hertz 5-Star Elite Status
- Rental Car Insurance and Extended Warranty
- $95 Annual Fee
The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card is a travel rewards credit card that earns an unlimited 2 miles per dollar on all purchases and 5 miles per dollar on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel.
The card also comes with a range of travel benefits, including secondary rental car, no foreign transaction fees, and extended warranty coverage.
Plus, you also get two complimentary passes to visit Capital One lounges each year and an application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck (up to a $100 credit every four years).
2. Citi Custom Cash℠ Card
Best for Spending at Gas Stations
- 5% Cash Back on Purchases in Your Top Eligible Spend Category Each Billing Cycle up to $500 (1% after that)
- 0% Intro APR for 15 Months on Purchases and Balance Transfers ($5 or 5% fee). After that, reg_apr,reg_apr_type.
- No Annual Fee
The Citi Custom Cash is a no-annual-fee card that earns 5% cash back in your top spending category each billing cycle.
Eligible 5% cash back categories, among several others, include:
- Gas stations.
- Grocery stores.
- Select travel.
- Home improvement stores.
- Drug stores.
- Fitness clubs.
This allows you to turn the Custom Cash into your 5% cash back card for your favorite category.
3. Chase Freedom Unlimited®
Best for Restaurant & Drugstore Purchases
The Chase Freedom Unlimited® (review) is a good no-annual fee credit card option that offers 5% cash back on travel booked through Chase Ultimate Rewards, 3% cash back at restaurants, takeout, eligible delivery services, and on drugstore purchases. Plus it offers 1.5% cash back on all other eligible purchases.
The card also offers nice benefits such as purchase protection, extended warranty, trip cancellation/interruption insurance, and secondary rental car insurance.
4. Citi® Double Cash Card
Best for Cash Back on Everyday Purchases
The Citi® Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer boasts a strong 2% rewards rate on purchases, where you get 1% back when you buy and 1% when you pay.
This zero-annual-fee card offers a solid earning potential as long as you pay your balance on time, and it provides a simple way to rack up points with no bonus categories to track.
You can also boost your rewards by also holding the Citi Premier® Card (review), which allows you to transfer points to airline and hotel programs. This combination effectively allows you to earn 2 airline miles per dollar on all spending with the Citi Double Cash.
5. Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi
Alternative Choice for Best Credit Card for Gas
- 4% Cash Back on Eligible Gas and EV Charging for the First $7,000 Per Year, 1% Thereafter.
- 3% Cash Back on Restaurants and Travel
- 2% Cash Back at Costco and Costco.com
- Purchase Protection
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- No Annual Fee With Your Paid Costco Membership
The Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi is a no-annual-fee card that earns:
- 4% cash back on eligible gas and EV Charging up to $7,000 per year (then 1%)
- 3% cash back at restaurants and eligible travel purchases
- 2% cash back at Costco.
The Costco card also offers purchase protection and no foreign transaction fees.
6. Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
Best for Spending at U.S. Supermarkets
- 6% Cash Back at U.S. Supermarkets (up to $6,000 per year; 1% thereafter) and on Select U.S. Streaming
- 3% Cash Back on Transit, Ridesharing, Parking, and at U.S. Gas Stations
- $0 Intro Annual Fee for the First Year, then $95 (rates & fees).
The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express (review) offers an outstanding 6% cash back rewards for purchases at U.S. supermarkets (up to $6,000 per year; 1% thereafter) and on U.S. streaming services, making it perfect for anyone who wants to maximize earnings from everyday expenses.
Plus, the card offers 3% cash back on transit, rideshare, parking, and at U.S. gas stations.
7. Citi Premier® Card
Best Card for Earning Points
The Citi Premier® Card is the best card for earning points because it offers 3x points at:
The Premier card also comes with no foreign transaction fees, purchase protection, and an extended warranty for items purchased, adding an additional 24 months to the manufacturer’s warranty.
8. U.S. Bank Altitude® Connect Visa Signature® Card
- Earn 50,000 Points After Spending $2,000 in Eligible Purchases in the First 120 Days.
- 5X Points on Eligible Prepaid Hotels and Car Rentals Booked Directly in the Altitude Rewards Center
- 4X Points on Travel, Gas, and EV Charging Stations
- $30 Annual Streaming Credit and Global Entry/TSA PreCheck Credit
- Cell Phone Insurance
- $0 Intro Annual Fee the First Year, $95 Thereafter
The U.S. Bank Altitude® Connect Visa Signature® Card earns 4x points on travel, at gas stations, and EV charging stations (equivalent to 4% cashback).
Plus 2x points at grocery stores, grocery delivery, dining, and streaming services.
It also offers nice perks such as no foreign transaction fees, a $30 annual streaming bonus, cell phone insurance, and a TSA PreCheck or Global Entry credit.
9. Citi Rewards+® Card
- Round Up to the Nearest 10 points on Every Purchase.
- For a Limited Time, earn 5 ThankYou Points per $1 spent on Hotel, Car Rentals, and Attractions (excluding air travel) booked on the Citi Travel Portal through June 30, 2024.
- 2x Points at Supermarkets and Gas Stations
- 10% Points Back up to 15,000 Extra Points
- No Annual Fee
The Citi Rewards+® Card is a no-annual-fee card that offers 2 points per dollar at gas stations and grocery stores, on up to $6,000 per year (and 1 point per dollar thereafter).
Plus, it rounds the earnings on all purchases up to the nearest 10 points and gives you 10% back on the first 100,000 points you redeem each year.
10. Chase Freedom Flex℠
- Earn a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in the first 3 months.
- 5% Cash Back in Quarterly Bonus Categories (up to $1,500 in combined spending after activation)
- 5% Cash Back on Travel Purchased Via Chase
- 3% Cash Back at Restaurants, Eligible Food Delivery, and Drug Stores
- Cell Phone Insurance and Purchase Protection
- No Annual Fee
The Freedom Flex also earns 3% cash back at restaurants, eligible food delivery, and drug stores.
The card also comes with nice benefits such as cell phone insurance, extended warranty, purchase protection, secondary rental car insurance, and trip cancellation/interruption insurance.