Reddit is a great place to get information on credit cards. I am active in several credit card subreddits as DealsPoints, and I have learned a lot over the years.
Below are top 15 credit cards recommended most by Redditors.
Just be sure to remember the Chase 5/24 Rule when applying to these cards, which means that you will be auto-denied for a Chase credit card if you have opened 5 or more cards in the last 24 months.
1. Chase Sapphire Preferred®
Best Starter Travel Card
- Earn 60,000 Ultimate Rewards Bonus Points for Spending $4,000 in the First 3 Months
- 5x Points on Travel Booked Via Chase
- 3x Points on Dining and Eligible Delivery Services
- 3x Points on Select Streaming and Online Grocery (excluding Walmart, Target, and Wholesale Clubs)
- 2x Points on Travel
- 10% Anniversary Points Boost
- Trip Delay and Trip Cancellation Insurance
- Primary Rental Car Insurance
- $95 Annual Fee
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card is one of the best rewards cards for travelers who want solid earning rates for travel and dining expenses.
For only $95 per year, this card earns 5x Chase Ultimate Rewards points on travel booked through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal and 3x points on dining, online groceries, and streaming services.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred offers a 10% anniversary points bonus, 12-month DoorDash DashPass subscription, and a $50 anniversary hotel statement credit.
Plus, it provides extensive travel protections, including trip delay, primary rental car, baggage, and purchase protection plans.
2. Citi® Double Cash Card
Best for Cash Back
The Citi® Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer boasts a strong 2% rewards rate on purchases, where you get 1% back when you buy and 1% when you pay.
Plus, for a limited time, you can earn $200 cash back after spending $1,500 in purchases in the first 6 months.
This zero-annual-fee card offers a solid earning potential as long as you pay your balance on time, and it provides a simple way to rack up points with no bonus categories to track.
3. Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card
Best for Travel Card
The Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card is a premium travel rewards card that’s perfect for travelers who want outstanding travel perks like annual travel credits, worldwide airport lounge access, and travel and purchase protections.
The Venture X earns 2x miles on all purchases helping you maximize every dollar of your spending. Plus, you can earn 10x miles on hotels and rental cars, and 5x miles on flights booked through Capital One.
The card has a $395 annual fee, it is completely offset by an easy-to-use $300 annual travel credit for bookings via Capital One Travel and 10,000 points (worth at least $100) each account anniversary.
Plus you get airport lounge access at Priority Pass, Capital One, and Plaza Premium Lounges, Hertz President’s Circle elite status, Global Entry or TSA PreCheck credit, rental car insurance, trip and luggage insurance, cell phone insurance, and purchase protection.
4. The Platinum Card® from American Express
Best for Airport Lounge Access
The Platinum Card® from American Express is the best premium travel rewards card for travelers who want airport lounge access to international lounges, including Centurion Lounges, Delta Sky Clubs (when flying Delta), Escape Lounges, Priority Pass lounges, and more.
The American Express Platinum has a $695 annual fee, but you’ll get a slew of yearly statement credits, including a $200 hotel credit, $240 digital entertainment credit, $200 airline fee credit, $200 Uber credit, and $155 Walmart+ credit. (Enrollment is required to activate credits.)
You also earn 5x Membership Rewards points when booking flights directly with airlines or with American Express Travel (up to $500,000 in purchases per calendar year) and 5x Membership Rewards points when booking prepaid hotels with American Express Travel.
On top of that, you automatically earn Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite and Hilton Honors Gold statuses, which offer points bonuses, room upgrades, late check-out, and other premier benefits.
5. American Express® Gold Card
Best for Restaurants and U.S. Supermarkets
The American Express® Gold Card is one of my favorite cards because it earns:
- 4x points at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery in the U.S.,
- 4x points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1x).
- 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com
Plus, card members get a $120 dining credit plus $120 in Uber Cash for U.S. Uber rides or Uber Eats orders can offset the card’s $250 yearly fee. (Enrollment is required for credit.)
6. Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express
Best for Everyday Business Spending
- Earn 15,000 Membership Rewards Points for $3,000 in Eligible Purchases in the First 3 Months
- 2 Points Per Dollar on the First $50,000 in Purchases Each Calendar Year (1x Points thereafter)
- 0.0% Intro APR on purchases for the first 12 months. After that, a variable APR of 15.49% – 23.49%.
- No Annual Fee (Rates and Fees)
The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express is one of my favorite cards because it has no annual fee and earns 2x Membership Rewards points on the first $50,000 in purchases every year. After that, you will earn 1 point per dollar on all of your purchases.
The ability to earn 2x points makes the Blue Business Plus one of the best cards for everyday spending.
7. United℠ Explorer Card
Best for Benefits on United Airlines
- Earn Up to 50,000 United Miles After Spending $3,000 in the First 3 Months
- 2X Miles on United Purchases, Dining, and Hotel Stays
- 2 United Club One-Time Passes Per Year
- Free First Checked Bags for Two People
- $100 Global Entry, TSA PreCheck, or Nexus Credit
- 25% Savings on United In-Flight Food and Drinks
- Priority Boarding
- Primary Rental Car and Trip Delay Insurance
- $0 Intro Annual Fee, Then $95 Per Year
The Chase United℠ Explorer Card is one of my favorite cards to keep long-term because of the great benefits when flying United, including:
- Free first checked bag when you pay using the Explorer card;
- Two free United Club passes each account anniversary;
- Priority boarding for you and companions on the same reservation;
- Extra award space when redeeming your United miles;
- 25% back as a statement credit on purchases of food, beverages, and Wi-Fi on United; and
- Premier upgrades on award tickets.
The Explorer card also allows you to save money by booking a basic economy ticket, while still getting the ability to bring a free carry-on or checked bag.
8. World of Hyatt Credit Card
Best for Benefits at Hyatt Hotels
- Earn Up to 60,000 Points: 30,000 Points for Spending $3,000 in First 3 Months + Up to 30K Points with 2x Bonus Points per $1 in the First 6 Months
- 4X Points at all Hyatt Hotels
- 2X Points on Dining, with Airlines, Local Transit, & Gyms
- One Free Night Each Year (Category 1-4) + Extra Free Night After Spending $15,000 Per Calendar Year
- Automatic Discoverist Status
- $95 Annual Fee
The World of Hyatt Credit Card is one of the better hotel credit cards that offers 4x points at Hyatt hotels and 2x points in several categories, including at restaurants, airline tickets purchased directly with airlines, local transit, commuting, and fitness clubs.
Plus, you get a free hotel night at a Category 1-4 Hyatt Hotel to offset the $95 annual fee, and you can earn an additional night when you spend $15,000 in a calendar year.
9. Chase Sapphire Reserve®
Best for Frequent Travelers
- Earn 60,000 Ultimate Rewards Points for Spending $4,000 in the First 3 Months
- $300 Annual Travel Credit
- 10x Points on Hotels and Rental Cars and 5x Points on Flights Booked Through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- 3x Points on Dining, Takeout, & Eligible Food Delivery
- 50% More Redemption Value
- Priority Pass Airport Lounge Access
- Trip Delay and Trip Cancellation Insurance
- Primary Rental Car Insurance
- $550 Annual Fee
The Chase Sapphire Reserve® is a great option for travelers who want premium perks such as airport lounge access and top-tier travel protections.
The Sapphire Reserve has a $550 annual fee, but you receive an annual easy-to use $300 travel credit and access to 1,300 Priority Pass airport lounges.
Plus, great benefits such as trip delay insurance, primary rental car insurance, trip cancellation insurance, lost luggage reimbursement, purchase and return protection, extended warranty, and no foreign transaction fees.
Cardmembers also earn extra points with 5x points on flights and 10x points on hotels and car rentals through Chase Ultimate Rewards, 3x points on travel, dining, and food delivery purchases, and 1x points everywhere else.
You can also cash out points at a 50% bonus (1.5 cents per point) when redeeming points towards travel or transfer the points to Chase’s airline and hotel partners.
10. Ink Business Preferred®
Best for Spending in Business Categories
- Earn 100,000 Ultimate Rewards Points After Spending $15,000 in Purchases in the First 3 Months
- 3X Points on Travel, Shipping, Advertising (Social Media and Search Engines), Internet, Cable, and Phone on the First $150,000 Each Account Year
- 25% Additional Points Value in Travel Redemption
- Primary Rental Car Insurance
- Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance
- Cell Phone Protection
- Purchase Protection and Extended Warranty
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- $95 Annual Fee
The Ink Business Preferred® is a versatile business rewards card earning 3x Chase Ultimate Rewards points on up to $150,000 in combined purchases per year in business categories, including shipping, online advertising, internet, phone, and travel.
This business card offers a lucrative bonus of 100,000 points worth $1,000 cash back or $1,250 when redeemed toward travel via Chase.
For $95 per year, the Chase Ink Business Preferred offers comprehensive protection, including trip cancellation insurance, trip delay insurance, primary rental car insurance, purchase protection, cell phone insurance, and extended warranty.
11. Business Platinum Card® from American Express
Best for Lounge Access for Businesses
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express is an outstanding choice for business owners who want airport lounge access including the American Express Global Lounge Collection, Centurion Lounges, Delta Sky Clubs, Escape Lounges, Priority Pass lounges, and more.
For a $695 annual fee, this card is loaded with premium perks, including a $400 Dell credit, $200 airline incidental credit, $360 Indeed credit, $150 Adobe credit, and $120 wireless telephone credit.
You can also earn 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com, and 1.5x points on purchases of $5,000 or more everywhere else, on up to $2 million of these purchases per calendar year
The American Express Business Platinum comes with automatic Hilton Honors Gold and Marriott Bonvoy Gold so that you can enjoy perks like room upgrades, late check-out, and a points bonus.
12. Citi Premier® Card
Best for Earning Points
The Citi Premier® Card currently offers a large 80,000 points welcome bonus after spending $4,000 in the first three months.
The Premier card also comes with no foreign transaction fees, purchase protection, and an extended warranty for items purchased with the card that adds an additional 24 months to the manufacturer’s warranty.
13. Citi Custom Cash Card
Best for 5% Cash Back in Top Category
- Earn $200 Cash Back After Spending $1,500 in the First Six Months
- 5% Cash Back on Purchases in Your Top Eligible Spend Category Each Billing Cycle up to $500 (1% after that)
- 0% Intro APR for 15 Months on Purchases and Balance Transfers ($5 or 5% fee). After that, a variable APR of 16.24% to 26.24% applies.
- No Annual Fee
The Citi Custom Cash℠ Card is a no-annual-fee card that earns 5% cash back in your top spending category each billing cycle.
Eligible 5% cash back categories include restaurants, gas stations, grocery stores, select travel, home improvement stores, drug stores, select transit, select streaming, fitness clubs, and live entertainment.
14. Bilt Rewards
Best for Paying Rent
Bilt Rewards is a no-annual-fee credit card that allows you to pay rent without a transaction fee and earn 1 point per dollar on rent. You also earn 3x points on dining, 2x points on travel, and 1x points everywhere else.
The Bilt Rewards card also comes with great benefits for a no annual fee card including cell phone insurance, primary rental car insurance, 90-day purchase protection, trip delay insurance, trip cancellation insurance, and no foreign transaction fees.
Plus, you can transfer your points to airline and hotel partners such as United Airlines, American Airlines, and World of Hyatt. Or redeem the points for travel or at Amazon.
15. Chase Aeroplan® Credit Card
Best for Benefits on Air Canada
- Earn 70,000 Points After Spending $3,000 in Purchases in the First 3 Months
- 3x Points at Grocery Stores, Restaurants, and Air Canada directly.
- New Cardmember Aeroplan 25K Elite Status for This Year and Next Year
- Free First Checked Bag for You & Up to 8 Companions
- 500 Bonus Points for Every $2,000 You Spend in a Calendar Month.
- $95 Annual Fee and No Foreign Transaction Fees.
The Chase Aeroplan® Card is a unique card that offers nice benefits on Air Canada and preferred pricing when redeeming your Aeroplan points.
The Aeroplan Card earns 3x points per dollar at grocery stores, restaurants, eligible food delivery services, and with Air Canada directly.
Cardmembers also get a free first checked bag for themselves plus 8 companions on the same reservation, and new cardmembers will receive Air Canada 25K Elite Status for the remainder of the year plus the following calendar year.
Big spenders can also earn nice perks: 500 bonus points for every $2,000 you spend in a calendar month (up to 1,500 bonus points per month), and a one-tier status upgrade when you spend $50,000 on the card in a calendar year.