Finding a good credit card can be hard when you don’t spend much money each month.
You don’t want to pay an annual fee for a card you don’t use very often. And you don’t want a card with a low credit limit.
Here are some of the best credit cards for low-spenders that offer excellent rewards and perks with no annual fee.
1. Chase Freedom Unlimited®
The Chase Freedom Unlimited® is a good no-annual fee credit card option that offers 5% cash back on travel booked through Chase Ultimate Rewards, 3% cash back at restaurants, takeout, eligible delivery services, and on drugstore purchases. Plus it offers 1.5% cash back on all other eligible purchases.
The card also offers nice benefits such as purchase protection, extended warranty, trip cancellation/interruption insurance, and secondary rental car insurance.
2. Citi® Double Cash Card - 18 month BT offer
The Citi® Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer boasts a strong 2% rewards rate on purchases, where you get 1% back when you buy and 1% when you pay.
This zero-annual-fee card offers a solid earning potential as long as you pay your balance on time, and it provides a simple way to rack up points with no bonus categories to track.
You can also boost your rewards by also holding the Citi Premier® Card (review), which allows you to transfer points to airline and hotel programs. This combination effectively allows you to earn 2 airline miles per dollar on all spending with the Citi Double Cash.
3. Chase Freedom Flex℠
- Earn $200 Bonus Cash Back After Spending $500 in the First 3 Months
- 5% Cash Back in Quarterly Bonus Categories (up to $1,500 in combined spending after activation)
- 5% Cash Back on Travel Purchased Via Chase
- 3% Cash Back at Restaurants, Eligible Food Delivery, and Drug Stores
- Cell Phone Insurance and Purchase Protection
- No Annual Fee
The Chase Freedom Flex℠ is a great no-annual fee card that earns 5% cash back in quarterly categories (up to $1,500 in combined spending) and on travel purchased via Chase Ultimate Rewards.
The Freedom Flex also earns 3% cash back at restaurants, eligible food delivery, and drug stores.
The card also comes with nice benefits such as cell phone insurance, extended warranty, purchase protection, secondary rental car insurance, and trip cancellation/interruption insurance.
4. Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Earn $200 Bonus Cash after Spending $500 in the First 3 Months
- 8% Cash Back at Vivid Seats
- 3% Cash Back on Dining, Entertainment, Streaming, and Grocery Stores
- No Annual Fee
The Capital One SavorOne is a no-annual-fee card that earns 3% cash back in four popular categories: dining, entertainment, popular streaming services, and at grocery stores (excluding superstores like Walmart® and Target®).
The SavorOne also has nice perks such as no foreign transaction fees and extended warranty protection.
5. Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card
- Earn 40,000 Bonus Points After Spending $1,000 in the First 3 Months
- Unlimited 5x on Hotels and Rental Cars Booked Via Capital One
- Unlimited 1.25x Miles on All Other Purchases
- Secondary Rental Car Insurance
- Extended Warranty
- No Annual Fee
The Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card is a no-annual-fee travel card, which allows cardmembers to earn 1.25 miles per dollar spent on all purchases.
These miles can be used for travel purchases and are fully transferable to Capital One’s airline and hotel partners.
6. Citi Rewards+® Card
- Earn 20,000 ThankYou Points after $1,500 in Purchases in the First 3 Months
- Round Up to the Nearest 10 points on Every Purchase
- 2x Points at Supermarkets and Gas Stations
- 10% Points Back up to 15,000 Extra Points
- No Annual Fee
The Citi Rewards+ Card is a no-annual-fee card that offers 2 points per dollar at gas stations and grocery stores, on up to $6,000 per year (and 1 point per dollar thereafter).
Plus, it rounds the earnings on all purchases up to the nearest 10 points and gives you 10% back on the first 100,000 points you redeem each year.
7. Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Earn a $200 Bonus After Spending $500 in Purchases in the First 3 Months
- 1.5% Cash Back on Every Purchase
- 5% Cash Back on Hotels and Rental Cars Booked via Capital One Travel
- No Annual Fee
The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card is a no-annual-fee credit card offering 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
It also comes with nice benefits such as no foreign transaction fees, extended warranty, and travel accident insurance.
8. Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
- Earn a $200 Statement Credit After Spending $2,000 in the First 6 Months.
- 3% Cash Back at U.S. Supermarkets, U.S. Online Retail Purchases, & U.S. Gas Stations (each on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, 1% thereafter)
- 0% Intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months from the date of account opening. After that, 18.74% to 29.74% variable APR.
- No Annual Fee (Rates and Fees)
The Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express is a great no-annual fee credit card option that earns 3% cash back at U.S. supermarkets, U.S. online retail purchases, & U.S. gas stations (each on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, 1% thereafter).
The Blue Cash also offers $7 back each month after using your Blue Cash Everyday Card to spend $12.99 or more each month on an eligible subscription to The Disney Bundle, including Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+. (Enrollment required.)
Plus, a $180 annual credit for Home Chef purchases in the form of a monthly $15 statement credit
9. Delta SkyMiles® Blue American Express Card
- Earn 10,000 Delta SkyMiles After $1,000 in Eligible Purchases in the First 6 Months
- 2X SkyMiles Per Dollar on Delta Air Lines
- 2x Points Per Dollar at Restaurants Worldwide, and Takeout and Food Delivery in the U.S.
- 20% Statement Credit on Delta In-Flight Purchases
- No Annual Fee and No Foreign Transaction Fees (Rates and Fees)
The Delta SkyMiles® Blue American Express Card is a zero-annual-fee card that earns 2x SkyMiles at restaurants worldwide, including U.S. takeout and delivery, and 2x SkyMiles on Delta purchases.
Plus, you receive 20% savings in statement credits on Delta in-flight food and drinks and up to a $50 discount on flights booked on delta.com for every 5,000 miles redeemed via Pay With Miles.