As gas prices continue to rise, finding ways to save at the pump is more important than ever.
One way to do this is to use a gas credit card. Gas credit cards typically offer rewards like cash back or points for every dollar you spend on gas.
There are a lot of gas credit cards on the market, so it can be tough to choose the right one for you. To help you out, we’ve compiled a list of the best gas credit cards.
1. Citi Custom Cash Card
5% Cash Back on Your Top Category Including at Gas Stations
- Earn $200 Cash Back After Spending $1,500 in the First Six Months
- 5% Cash Back on Purchases in Your Top Eligible Spend Category Each Billing Cycle up to $500 (1% after that)
- 0% Intro APR for 15 Months on Purchases and Balance Transfers ($5 or 5% fee). After that, a variable APR of 18.24% – 28.24% applies.
- No Annual Fee
The Citi Custom Cash℠ Card is a no-annual-fee card that earns 5% cash back in your top spending category each billing cycle.
Eligible 5% cash back categories include restaurants, gas stations, grocery stores, select travel, home improvement stores, drug stores, select transit, select streaming, fitness clubs, and live entertainment.
2. Citi Premier® Card
3x ThankYou Points at Gas Stations
The Premier card also comes with no foreign transaction fees, purchase protection, and an extended warranty for items purchased, adding an additional 24 months to the manufacturer’s warranty.
3. Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi
4% Cash Back on Eligible Gas
The Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi is a no-annual-fee card that earns:
- 4% cash back on eligible gas and EV Charging up to $7,000 per year (then 1%)
- 3% cash back at restaurants and eligible travel purchases
- 2% cash back at Costco.
The Costco card also offers purchase protection and no foreign transaction fees.
4. U.S. Bank Altitude® Connect Visa Signature® Card
4x Points at Gas Stations
- Earn 50,000 Points After Spending $2,000 in Eligible Purchases in the First 120 Days
- 5X Points on Eligible Prepaid Hotels and Car Rentals Booked Directly in the Altitude Rewards Center
- 4X Points on Travel, Gas, and EV Charging Stations
- $30 Annual Streaming Credit and Global Entry/TSA PreCheck Credit
- Cell Phone Insurance
- $0 Intro Annual Fee the First Year, $95 Thereafter
The U.S. Bank Altitude® Connect Visa Signature® Card earns 4x points on travel, at gas stations, and EV charging stations (equivalent to 4% cashback).
Plus 2x points at grocery stores, grocery delivery, dining, and streaming services.
It also offers nice perks such as no foreign transaction fees, a $30 annual streaming bonus, cell phone insurance, and a TSA PreCheck or Global Entry credit.
5. Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card
Up to 3x Points at U.S. Gas Stations
- Earn 15,000 Membership Rewards Points After $2,000 in Eligible Purchases in the First 6 Months
- 3X Points at U.S. Supermarkets Up to $6,000 Per Year
- 2X Points at U.S. Gas Stations
- 50% Extra Points with 30+ Monthly Transactions
- $95 Annual Fee (Rates & Fees)
The American Express EveryDay Preferred is a decent card if you want to rack up more Membership Rewards points for grocery, gas, and travel purchases.
For a $95 annual fee, this card comes with 15,000 Membership Rewards bonus points and earns 3 points per dollar at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 in purchases per year and 2 points per dollar at U.S. gas stations and travel booked through American Express Travel.
The EveryDay Preferred card rewards loyalty, giving you 50% additional points when you use your card at least 30 times for purchases within a billing period.
If you reach 30 transactions in a billing period, then you will earn 3x points at U.S. gas stations and 4.5x points at U.S. supermarkets.
6. Citi Rewards+® Card
2x ThankYou Points on Gas
The Citi Rewards+ Card is a no-annual-fee card that offers 2 points per dollar at gas stations and grocery stores, on up to $6,000 per year (and 1 point per dollar thereafter).
Plus, it rounds the earnings on all purchases up to the nearest 10 points and gives you 10% back on the first 100,000 points you redeem each year.
7. Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card
6x Hilton Honors Points at Gas Stations
- Earn 130,000 Hilton Points After $2,000 in Eligible Purchases in the First 3 Months
- 12X Points at Hilton Hotels and Resorts
- 6X Points at U.S. Restaurants, U.S. Supermarkets, and U.S. Gas Stations
- Hilton Honors Gold Status
- Free Weekend Night Reward
- 10 Complimentary Priority Pass Lounge Visits
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- $0 Intro Annual Fee for the First Year, then $95.
The Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card boasts a great earning potential at Hilton properties and comes with complimentary Gold elite status, which features perks like space-available upgrades, better earnings, and free hot breakfast on Hilton stays.
For an affordable $95 fee, this rewards card earns 12x Hilton Honors points at Hilton hotels and resorts, 6x points on dining, groceries, and gas purchases in the U.S., and 3x points on all other purchases with no foreign transaction fees.
You also receive a free weekend night reward after spending $15,000 per year and 10 complimentary lounge visits to Priority Pass lounges.
8. Wyndham Rewards Earner+ Card
6x Wyndham Rewards at Gas Stations
Several nice perks offset the $75 annual fee, including 7,500 bonus points every account anniversary for one free night and automatic Wyndham Platinum elite status, which gets you preferred room upgrades, late check-out, early check-in, a 15% points bonus, and Caesars Rewards Platinum status.
Additionally, the Wyndham Earner Plus offers 10% savings when you redeem your points for a Go Free award that typically costs 7,500 to 30,000 points per night.
9. Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card
2x Points on Gas and Everywhere Else (and My Favorite Card)
The Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card is a premium travel rewards card that’s perfect for travelers who want outstanding travel perks like annual travel credits, worldwide airport lounge access, and travel and purchase protections.
The Venture X earns 2x miles on all purchases helping you maximize every dollar of your spending. Plus, you can earn 10x miles on hotels and rental cars, and 5x miles on flights booked through Capital One.
The card has a $395 annual fee, it is completely offset by an easy-to-use $300 annual travel credit for bookings via Capital One Travel and 10,000 points (worth at least $100) each account anniversary.
Plus you get airport lounge access at Priority Pass, Capital One, and Plaza Premium Lounges, Hertz President’s Circle elite status, Global Entry or TSA PreCheck credit, rental car insurance, trip and luggage insurance, cell phone insurance, and purchase protection.
10. Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
2x Points on Gas and Everywhere Else
- Earn 75,000 Bonus Miles After Spending $4,000 Within the First Three Months
- 5x Miles on Hotels and Rental Cars via Capital One
- 2x Miles Everywhere Else
- 2 Free Visits to Capital One Lounges Each Year
- Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check Credit
- Hertz 5-Star Elite Status
- Rental Car Insurance and Extended Warranty
- $95 Annual Fee
The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card is a travel rewards credit card that earns an unlimited 2 miles per dollar on all purchases and 5 miles per dollar on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel.
The card also offers up to a $100 Global Entry TSA PreCheck credit, and two free visits each year to the Capital One Lounge.
11. Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select
2x AAdvantage Miles at Gas Stations
- Earn 50,000 AAdvantage Miles for $2,500 in Purchases in the First 3 Months
- 2x Miles on American, Gas Stations, and Restaurants
- Free Checked Bag and Preferred Boarding
- 25% In-Flight Savings on Food and Drinks
- $99 Annual Fee, Waived for First 12 Months
The Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard® is a good option for American Airlines flyers because it offers a free first checked bag on domestic flights for you and up to 4 travel companions on the same reservation, plus preferred boarding on American Airlines flights.
Plus, you earn 2 AAdvantage miles per dollar at restaurants, gas stations, and on American Airlines.
The AAdvantage Platinum card can also help you earn AAdvantage elite status because every dollar spent on the card equals one Loyalty Point.
12. Citi® Double Cash Card
2x Points on Gas and Everywhere Else
The Citi® Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer boasts a strong 2% rewards rate on purchases, where you get 1% back when you buy and 1% when you pay.
This zero-annual-fee card offers a solid earning potential as long as you pay your balance on time, and it provides a simple way to rack up points with no bonus categories to track.
You can also boost your rewards by also holding the Citi Premier® Card (review), which allows you to transfer points to airline and hotel programs. This combination effectively allows you to earn 2 airline miles per dollar on all spending with the Citi Double Cash.
13. Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
- Earn a $250 Bonus as a Statement Credit After $3,000 in Eligible Purchases in the First 6 Months
- 6% Cash Back at U.S. Supermarkets (up to $6,000 per year; 1% thereafter) and on Select U.S. Streaming
- 3% Cash Back on Transit, Ridesharing, Parking, and at U.S. Gas Stations
- $0 Intro Annual Fee for the First Year, then $95. (Rates and Fees)
The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express offers an outstanding 6% cash back rewards for purchases at U.S. supermarkets (up to $6,000 per year; 1% thereafter) and on U.S. streaming services, making it perfect for anyone who wants to maximize earnings from everyday expenses.
Plus, the card offers 3% cash back on transit, rideshare, parking, and U.S. gas stations.
The card has a $0 intro annual fee for the first year (then $95 thereafter), but earns 3% cash back at U.S. gas stations and on transit, including rideshare, taxis, buses, trains, and parking.
14. Blue Cash Everyday from American Express
3% Cash Back at U.S. Gas Stations
- Earn a $200 Statement Credit After Spending $2,000 in the First 6 Months.
- 3% Cash Back at U.S. Supermarkets, U.S. Online Retail Purchases, & U.S. Gas Stations (each on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, 1% thereafter)
- 0% Intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months from the date of account opening. After that, 18.49% to 29.49% variable APR.
- No Annual Fee (Rates and Fees)
The Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express is good no-annual fee credit card option that earns 3% cash back at U.S. supermarkets, U.S. online retail purchases, & U.S. gas stations (each on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, 1% thereafter).
The Blue Cash also offers $7 back each month after using your Blue Cash Everyday Card to spend $12.99 or more each month on an eligible subscription to The Disney Bundle, including Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+. (Enrollment required.)
Plus, a $180 annual credit for Home Chef purchases in the form of a monthly $15 statement credit
15. Chase Freedom Flex℠
5% Cash Back on Rotating Quarterly Categories
- Earn $200 Bonus Cash Back After Spending $500 in the First 3 Months
- 5% Cash Back in Quarterly Bonus Categories (up to $1,500 in combined spending after activation)
- 5% Cash Back on Travel Purchased Via Chase
- 3% Cash Back at Restaurants, Eligible Food Delivery, and Drug Stores
- Cell Phone Insurance and Purchase Protection
- No Annual Fee
The Chase Freedom Flex℠ is a great no-annual fee card that earns 5% cash back in quarterly categories (up to $1,500 in combined spending) and on travel purchased via Chase Ultimate Rewards.
The Freedom Flex also earns 3% cash back at restaurants, eligible food delivery, and drug stores.
The card also comes with nice benefits such as cell phone insurance, extended warranty, purchase protection, secondary rental car insurance, and trip cancellation/interruption insurance.
16. Discover it® Cash Back Credit Card
5% Cash Back on Rotating Quarterly Categories
The Discover it® Cash Back Credit Card has no annual fees and provides 5% cash back on the first $1,500 in purchases that you make each quarter in certain categories.
The eligible 5% categories rotate quarterly and require enrollment. These categories normally include spending towards Amazon.com, grocery stores, restaurants, gas stations, and PayPal.
You’ll earn 1% cash back on the rotating categories once you’ve hit the spending limit for each quarter. You’ll also earn 1% back on all other purchases or
17. U.S. Bank Cash+
Option for 2% Cash Back at Gas Stations
- Earn a $200 Bonus After Spending $1,000 in the First 120 Days
- 5% Cash Back on the First $2,000 in Spending Each Quarter in Two Categories that You Choose
- 2% Cash Back on one category like Gas Stations and EV Charging Stations, Grocery Stores, or Restaurants
- No Annual Fee
The U.S. Bank Cash+® Visa Signature® Card is a no-annual-fee card offering 5% cash back on:
- Your first $2,000 in combined purchases each quarter in two categories that you choose.
- Prepaid air, hotel, and car rental reservations booked directly in Rewards Travel Center.
You have the option to choose two of the following to earn 5% cash back: (1) Fast Food, (2) TV, Internet, and Streaming, (3) Cell Phone Providers, (4) Home Utilities, (5) Department Stores, (6) Electronic Stores, (7) Sporting Good Stores, (8) Movie Theaters, (9) Gyms/Fitness Centers, (10) Furniture Stores, (11) Ground Transportation, and (12) Select Clothing Stores.
You also have the option of choosing to earn 2% cash back for either: (1) grocery stores and grocery delivery, (2) restaurants, or (3) gas stations and EV charging stations.
All other eligible purchases will earn 1% cash back.
You can also enjoy a valuable 0% Intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first 15 billing cycles. After that, a variable APR applies, currently 18.74% to 28.74%.