Staying fit costs money — gym memberships, equipment, trainer fees, and shopping for healthy food.
Since you’re already spending on these expenses, why not get a credit card that rewards your spending?
Some of the best credit cards for fitness and gym memberships lets you earn up to 5% cashback on fitness-related costs. That’s worth hundreds of dollars in savings per year!
So, for all the fitness lovers and gym rats out there, here are our top credit card picks for you.
1. Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card
Best for Overall Value
The Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card (review) is a premium travel rewards card that’s perfect for travelers who want outstanding travel perks like annual travel credits, worldwide airport lounge access, and travel and purchase protections.
The Venture X earns 2x miles on all purchases helping you maximize every dollar of your spending. Plus, you can earn 10x miles on hotels and rental cars, and 5x miles on flights booked through Capital One.
The card has a $395 annual fee, completely offset by a $300 annual credit for bookings through Capital One Travel, and 10,000 points (worth at least $100) for each account anniversary.
Plus, you get airport lounge access via Priority Pass, Capital One, and Plaza Premium Lounges, Hertz President’s Circle elite status, Global Entry or TSA PreCheck credit, rental car insurance, trip and luggage insurance, cell phone insurance, and purchase protection.
The Venture X wasn’t specifically designed for gym membership expenses, but its 2x miles earning rate on non-category spend is one of the highest we’ve seen from a premium travel credit card.
It’s a versatile card that allows cardholders to earn rewards on travel, health and wellness, dining, groceries, shopping, and more.
2. U.S. Bank Cash+® Visa Signature® Card
Best for General Spending
- Earn a $200 Bonus After Spending $1,000 in the First 120 Days.
- 5% Cash Back on the First $2,000 in Spending Each Quarter in Two Categories that You Choose
- 2% Cash Back on one category like Gas Stations and EV Charging Stations, Grocery Stores, or Restaurants
- No Annual Fee
The U.S. Bank Cash+® Visa Signature® Card is a no-annual-fee card offering 5% cash back on:
- Your first $2,000 in combined purchases each quarter in two categories that you choose.
- Prepaid air, hotel, and car rental reservations booked directly in Rewards Travel Center.
You have the option to choose two of the following to earn 5% cash back: (1) Fast Food, (2) TV, Internet, and Streaming, (3) Cell Phone Providers, (4) Home Utilities, (5) Department Stores, (6) Electronic Stores, (7) Sporting Good Stores, (8) Movie Theaters, (9) Gyms/Fitness Centers, (10) Furniture Stores, (11) Ground Transportation, and (12) Select Clothing Stores.
You also have the option of choosing to earn 2% cash back for either: (1) grocery stores and grocery delivery, (2) restaurants, or (3) gas stations and EV charging stations.
All other eligible purchases will earn 1% cash back.
3. Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
Best Budget Option
- 5x Miles on Hotels and Rental Cars via Capital One Travel
- 2x Miles Everywhere Else
- 2 Free Visits to Capital One Lounges Each Year
- Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check Credit
- Hertz 5-Star Elite Status
- Rental Car Insurance and Extended Warranty
- $95 Annual Fee
The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card is a travel rewards credit card that earns an unlimited 2 miles per dollar on all purchases and 5 miles per dollar on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel.
The card also comes with a range of travel benefits, including secondary rental car, no foreign transaction fees, and extended warranty coverage.
Plus, you also get two complimentary passes to visit Capital One lounges each year and an application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck (up to a $100 credit every four years).
4. Citi Custom Cash℠ Card
Best for Flexible Rewards
- 5% Cash Back on Purchases in Your Top Eligible Spend Category Each Billing Cycle up to $500 (1% after that)
- 0% Intro APR for 15 Months on Purchases and Balance Transfers ($5 or 5% fee). After that, reg_apr,reg_apr_type.
- No Annual Fee
The Citi Custom Cash is a no-annual-fee card that earns 5% cash back in your top spending category each billing cycle.
Eligible 5% cash back categories, among several others, include:
- Gas stations.
- Grocery stores.
- Select travel.
- Home improvement stores.
- Drug stores.
- Fitness clubs.
This allows you to turn the Custom Cash into your 5% cash back card for your favorite category.
5. Chase Freedom Unlimited®
Best for Simplicity
The Chase Freedom Unlimited® (review) is a good no-annual fee credit card option that offers 5% cash back on travel booked through Chase Ultimate Rewards, 3% cash back at restaurants, takeout, eligible delivery services, and on drugstore purchases. Plus it offers 1.5% cash back on all other eligible purchases.
The card also offers nice benefits such as purchase protection, extended warranty, trip cancellation/interruption insurance, and secondary rental car insurance.
6. World of Hyatt Credit Card
The World of Hyatt Credit Card is a great choice for anyone who enjoys staying at Hyatt properties. This card offers impressive rewards and benefits that can help you make the most out of your hotel stays.
The card offers:
- 4 points per dollar at Hyatt hotels
- 2 points per dollar at restaurants, airline tickets purchased directly with airlines, local transit, commuting, and fitness clubs.
Plus, you get a free hotel night at a Category 1-4 Hyatt Hotel to offset the $95 annual fee, and you can earn an additional night when you spend $15,000 in a calendar year.
7. Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Earn a bonus_miles_full.
- 1.5% Cash Back on Every Purchase
- 5% Cash Back on Hotels and Rental Cars Booked via Capital One Travel
- 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months. After that, reg_apr,reg_apr_type.
- No Annual Fee
The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card is a no-annual-fee credit card offering 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
It also comes with nice benefits such as no foreign transaction fees, extended warranty, and travel accident insurance.
The Quicksilver card is a no-fuss card with a simple rewards structure. Whether you sign up for gym membership, subscribe to a meal plan, hire a personal trainer, or buy gym equipment for your home, you’ll earn a solid 1.5% on all your spending.