When choosing a card for your sole proprietorship business, you need to consider several factors such as rewards categories, annual fees, earning rates, welcome bonuses, protection benefits, and travel benefits.
It’s also very difficult to choose a card with so many available options. However, we’ve rounded the best business credit cards for sole proprietorships in this article to help you decide a lot easier.
We’ve included no-annual-fee cards, cashback cards, travel cards, and even premium cards so you can find the right one for your business needs. Have a look at some of our recommendations below.
Best for Overall Value: Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card
Best for Everyday Spending: The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express
Best for Cash Back: American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card
1. Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card
Best for Overall Value
The Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card is a no-annual-fee card that earns 1.5% cash back on all purchases, with a huge welcome bonus of $900 after spending $6,000 in the first 90 days.
It also pairs well with the Chase Sapphire Preferred or Chase Sapphire Reserve, which unlocks the ability to convert the Ink Business Unlimited cash back to airline or hotel points from any of Chase’s transfer partners.
This combo allows you to effectively earn 1.5 airline miles per dollar with this card, which is worth more than 1.5% cash back.
We picked this card to be on the top spot since it’s a versatile card that’s works well on any type of business. The card’s flat rates let you rack up cashback points a lot faster not just on business expenses, but also on personal expenses.
And to put the cherry on top, the card has zero annual fees making it the perfect card for solo proprietors and startups.
2. The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express
Best for Everyday Spending
- 2 Points Per Dollar on the First $50,000 in Purchases Each Calendar Year (1x Points thereafter)
- 0.0% Intro APR on purchases for the first 12 months. After that, reg_apr,reg_apr_type APR. APRs will not exceed 29.99%
- No Annual Fee (rates & fees)
The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express is one of my favorite cards because it has no annual fee and earns 2x Membership Rewards points on the first $50,000 in purchases every year. After that, you will earn 1 point on all other eligible purchases.
You can transfer Membership Rewards to 18 airlines and three hotel points programs, with several great sweet spots to travel in business class to anywhere in the world.
I put all of my everyday business spending on my Blue Business Plus because it is a quick way to rack up points for my next trip.
3. Capital One Spark Miles for Business
Best for Travel
- Unlimited 5X miles on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel
- 2x Miles On Every Purchase
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck Credit
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- $0 Intro Annual Fee for the First Year, $95 Thereafter
- Free employee cards which also earn unlimited 2X miles from their purchases
The Capital One Spark Miles for Business is one of the top travel rewards credit cards for small business owners.
The card earns unlimited 2 miles per dollar on all purchases, which can be transferred to Capital One’s airline and hotel partners.
The Spark Miles also offers a $100 statement credit for your Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application and no foreign transaction fees.
4. Ink Business Cash® Credit Card
Best for Spending at Office Supply Stores, Internet, Cable, and Phone
- 5% Cash Back at Office Supply Stores, Internet, Cable, and Phone Services up to $25,000 Each Account Year
- 2% Cash Back at Gas Stations and Restaurants Up to $25,000 Each Account Year
- Primary Rental Car Insurance
- Purchase Protection and Extended Warranty
- No Annual Fee
The no-annual-fee Ink Business Cash® Credit Card currently offers a $900 cash-back bonus when you spend $6,000 in purchases in the first 3 months.
Plus, the Ink Business Cash earns:
- 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on internet, cable, and phone services each account anniversary year.
- 2% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at gas stations and restaurants each account anniversary year.
- 1% cash back on all other purchases.
The card also offers nice benefits such as primary rental car insurance (when renting for business purposes), 120-day purchase protection, and extended warranty protection.
5. American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card
Best for Cash Back
- 2% Cash Back On Up to $50,000 Per Year (1% Thereafter)
- 0% Intro APR on Purchases for 12 Months. After that, reg_apr,reg_apr_type. APRs will not exceed 29.99%.
- No Annual Fee (rates & fees)
The American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card offers simple, straightforward rewards for no annual cost.
This zero-annual-fee card earns a flat 2% cash back rate on all qualifying purchases up to $50,000 each year (1% thereafter).
Offering an expanded buying power, the Blue Business Cash gives your business the flexibility to spend above your credit limit for your business expenses.
6. Amazon Business Prime American Express Card
Best for Amazon Prime Members
- 5% Back or 90 Day Terms on Eligible U.S. Purchases at Amazon.com, Amazon Business, & Whole Foods Market (up to $120,000 in purchases each calendar year)
- 2% Back at U.S. Restaurants, U.S. Gas Stations, and U.S. Wireless Phone Services
- No Annual Fee and No Foreign Transaction Fees (rates & fees)
The Amazon Business Prime American Express Card is a good choice for businesses who frequently spend at Amazon.com, AWS, Amazon Business, and Whole Foods because you get 5% cash back or 90-day terms on the first $120,000 in purchases each calendar year (1% back thereafter).
7. Capital One Spark Cash Plus
Best for High Credit Limits
The Capital One Spark Cash Plus is great for businesses that spend a lot each year.
The card earns 2% cash back on all purchases and comes with no preset spending limit so that it can adapt to your needs based on your spending behavior, payment history, and credit profile.
The card also earns unlimited 5% cash back on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel.