If you’re a small business owner, you know that every penny counts.
That’s why it’s important to find a business gas credit card that gives you the best bang for your buck. With so many options out there, it can be hard to know which card is right for you.
That’s why we’ve done the research and compiled a list of the best business gas credit cards on the market. From cash back rewards to flexible payment options, we’ve got you covered.
1. American Express Business Gold
Potential 4x Points at U.S. Gas Stations
- Earn 70,000 Membership Rewards Points After $10,000 in Eligible Purchases in the First 3 Months
- 4X Points on Purchases in Your Top 2 Business Categories (up to $150,000 in Combined Purchases Per Calendar Year)
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- $295 Annual Fee (Rates and Fees)
The American Express® Business Gold Card is a good fit for business owners who want to earn much-coveted Membership Rewards points from business spending.
For a $295 annual fee, this card earns 4x points on up to $150,000 in combined purchases per year in your top two spending categories, with options including eligible airfare, U.S. advertising, U.S. shipping, U.S. cloud, software, and hardware, U.S. gas, and U.S. dining purchases.
You can also receive 25% points back after you use points for all or part of an eligible flight booked with Amex Travel, up to 250,000 points back per calendar year.
2. Wyndham Earner Business
8x Wyndham Points at Gas Stations
- Earn Up to 75,000 Wyndham Points: 65,000 Points After Spending $2,000 in the First 90 Days and 10,000 After a Purchase on Employee Card
- 8x Points at Wyndham Hotels and Gas Stations
- 5x Points on Marketing, Advertising, and Utilities
- Wyndham Diamond Elite Status
- 15,000 Point Anniversary Bonus
- Cell Phone and Extended Warranty Protection
- $95 Annual Fee
This business card has a reasonable $95 annual fee that’s easy to justify with the complimentary Wyndham Diamond elite status, which gets you suite upgrades, a welcome amenity, two free tickets on award stays, and late check-out.
The Wyndham Earner Business also offers 15,000 bonus points every account anniversary for up to two free nights, 10% points savings when redeeming points for a Go Free award, cell phone protection, and an extended warranty plan.
3. Costco Anywhere Visa® Business Card by Citi
4% Cash Back at Gas Stations (up to $7,000 per year)
The Costco Anywhere Visa® Business Card by Citi is a no-annual-fee card that earns 4% cash back on gas up to $7,000 per year (then 1%), 3% cash back at restaurants and eligible travel purchases, and 2% cash back at Costco.
The Costco card also offers purchase protection and no foreign transaction fees.
4. Hilton Honors Business
6x Points at U.S. Gas Stations
- Earn 130,000 Hilton Points After $5,000 in Eligible Purchases in the First 3 Months. Plus, a Free Night Reward After $10,000 in Eligible Purchases in the First 6 Months. Offer ends 12/21/22.
- Complimentary Hilton Honors Gold Status
- 12X Points at Hilton Properties
- 6X Points at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Restaurants
- 10 Complimentary Priority Pass Lounge Visits
- $95 Annual Fee & No Foreign Transaction Fees (Rates and Fees)
The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card offers complimentary Gold status with the chance to upgrade to Diamond status upon hitting the $40,000 spending threshold.
For a low annual fee of $95, this business card earns 12x Hilton Honors points at Hilton properties and 6x points in several categories:
- U.S. restaurants
- U.S. gas stations
- U.S. shipping purchases
- Wireless phone services with U.S. service providers
- Flights booked directly with airlines or with amextravel.com
- Car rentals booked directly from select car rental companies
The Hilton Honors Business card also offers a free night reward after spending $15,000 and a second free night reward after spending $45,000 per year.
Plus, you receive 10 free Priority Pass visits to airport lounges worldwide.
5. Blue Business Plus from American Express
2x Points on All Purchases up to $50,000 Per Year
- Earn 15,000 Membership Rewards Points for $3,000 in Eligible Purchases in the First 3 Months
- 2 Points Per Dollar on the First $50,000 in Purchases Each Calendar Year (1x Points thereafter)
- 0.0% Intro APR on purchases for the first 12 months. After that, a variable APR of 16.99% – 24.99%.
- No Annual Fee (Rates and Fees)
The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express is one of my favorite cards because it has no annual fee and earns 2x Membership Rewards points on the first $50,000 in purchases every year. After that, you will earn 1 point on all other eligible purchases.
You can transfer Membership Rewards to 18 airlines and three hotel points programs, with several great sweet spots to travel in business class to anywhere in the world.
I put all of my everyday business spending on my Blue Business Plus because it is a quick way to rack up points for my next trip.
6. Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card
4X Points at U.S. Gas Stations
- Earn 75,000 Marriott Bonvoy Points after $3,000 in Eligible Purchases in the First 3 Months
- 6X Points at Marriott Hotels & Resorts
- 4X Points at Restaurants Worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, U.S. Phone Service Providers, and on U.S. Shipping Purchases.
- Annual Free Night Award (up to 35,000 Points)
- 15 Elite Night Credits and Gold Elite Status
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- $125 Annual Fee (Rates and Fees)
The Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card is a nice choice for business owners who want valuable hotel perks, including an annual free night at hotels costing 35,000 points plus 15 elite night credits to achieve higher status faster.
The Marriott Bonvoy Business card earns 6x points at participating hotels and 4x points at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers, and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
You also receive automatic Marriott Gold Elite status, which offers a 25% points bonus, welcome amenity, space-available room upgrade, and priority late check-out.
7. Capital One Spark Miles for Business
2x Miles on All Purchases
The Capital One Spark Miles for Business is one of the top travel rewards credit cards for small business owners.
The card earns unlimited 2 miles per dollar on all purchases, which can be transferred to Capital One’s airline and hotel partners.
The Spark Miles also offers a $100 statement credit for your Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application and no foreign transaction fees.
8. Chase IHG® Rewards Premier Business Credit Card
5x Points at Gas Stations
- Earn 140,000 IHG Bonus Points After Spending $3,000 in the First 3 Months.
- 10x at IHG Hotels & Resorts
- 5x Points on Travel, Dining, Select Business, and at Gas Stations
- Free Anniversary Free Night
- IHG Platinum Elite Status
- $99 Annual Fee
The Chase IHG® Rewards Premier Business Credit Card is a good option if you spend a few nights a year at an IHG Hotels and Resorts such as the Holiday Inn, Kimpton, Intercontinental, Hotel Indigo, or Crowne Plaza.
Cardmembers earn 10 points per dollar at IHG Hotel and Rewards, 5 points per dollar on travel, dining, select business, and at gas stations, and 3 points per dollar on all other purchases.
Plus, you get nice perks such as IHG Platinum Elite status, a free anniversary free night, fourth night free on award stays, purchase protection, and Global Entry, TSA PreCheck, or a NEXUS statement credit.
9. U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards
3% Cash Back at Gas Stations
- Earn $500 Cash Back After Spending $4,500 in the First 150 Days on the Account Owner’s Card
- 5% Cash Back on Prepaid Hotels and Car Rentals via the U.S. Bank Travel Rewards Center
- 3% Cash Back at Gas and EV Charging Stations, Office Supply Stores, Cell Phone Service, and Restaurants
- $100 Annual Software Credit for Recurring Subscription
- No Annual Fee
The no-annual-fee U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards World Elite Mastercard® earns 3% cash back on eligible purchases at gas stations and EV charging stations, office supply stores, cell phone service providers, and restaurants.
10. Ink Business Cash Credit Card
2% Cash Back at Gas Stations
- Earn a $900 Cash Welcome Bonus After Spending $6,000 in the First 90 Days
- 5% Cash Back at Office Supply Stores, Internet, Cable, and Phone Services up to $25,000 Each Account Year
- 2% Cash Back at Gas Stations and Restaurants Up to $25,000 Each Account Year
- Primary Rental Car Insurance
- Purchase Protection and Extended Warranty
- No Annual Fee
The no-annual-fee Chase Ink Business Cash® currently offers a $900 cash back bonus when you spend $6,000 in purchases in the first 3 months.
Plus, the Ink Business Cash earns:
- 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on internet, cable, and phone services each account anniversary year.
- 2% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at gas stations and restaurants each account anniversary year.
- 1% cash back on all other purchases.
The card also offers nice benefits such as primary rental car insurance (when renting for business purposes), 120-day purchase protection, and extended warranty protection.
11. United℠ Business Card
2x Miles at Gas Stations
- Earn 75,000 Miles after Spending $5,000 in the First 3 Months
- 2X Miles for United Airlines, Dining, Gas Stations, Office Supply Stores, Local Transit, and Commuting
- 2 United Club One-Time Passes Per Year
- $100 United Travel Credit
- Free First Checked Bags and Priority Boarding
- Primary Rental Car Insurance
- Trip Delay and Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance
- $0 Intro Annual Fee, $99 Annual Fee Thereafter
The United℠ Business Card currently offers a welcome bonus of 75,000 miles after spending $5,000 within three months.
The United Business card offers nice perks on United Airlines, including:
- Two United Club lounge passes annually;
- Priority boarding for you and your companions;
- Free first checked bag for you and one companion on the same reservation;
- 25% back on in-flight purchases in the form of statement credits;
- $100 Annual Travel Credit if you make at least seven United flight travel-related purchases, each totaling at least $100;
- Anniversary bonus of 5,000 miles;
- Premier upgrades on award tickets;
- Expanded award availability; and
- Ability to earn Premier Qualifying Points for United elite status with spending.