Want to maximize your rewards when you eat at restaurants for your business?
Below are our favorite business credit cards for eating out at restaurants.
1. American Express® Business Gold Card
- Earn 70,000 Membership Rewards Points After $10,000 in Eligible Purchases in the First 3 Months
- 4X Points on Purchases in Your Top 2 Business Categories (up to $150,000 in Combined Purchases Per Calendar Year)
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- $295 Annual Fee (Rates and Fees)
The American Express® Business Gold Card is a good fit for business owners who want to earn much-coveted Membership Rewards points from business spending.
For a $295 annual fee, this card earns 4x points on up to $150,000 in combined purchases per year in your top two spending categories, with options including eligible airfare, U.S. advertising, U.S. shipping, U.S. cloud, software, and hardware, U.S. gas, and U.S. dining purchases.
You can also receive 25% points back after you use points for all or part of an eligible flight booked with Amex Travel, up to 250,000 points back per calendar year.
2. Chase IHG® Rewards Premier Business Credit Card
- Earn 140,000 IHG Bonus Points After Spending $3,000 in the First 3 Months.
- 10x at IHG Hotels & Resorts
- 5x Points on Travel, Dining, Select Business, and at Gas Stations
- Free Anniversary Free Night
- IHG Platinum Elite Status
- $99 Annual Fee
The Chase IHG® Rewards Premier Business Credit Card is a good option if you spend a few nights a year at an IHG Hotels and Resorts such as the Holiday Inn, Kimpton, Intercontinental, Hotel Indigo, or Crowne Plaza.
Cardmembers earn 10 points per dollar at IHG Hotel and Rewards, 5 points per dollar on travel, dining, select business, and at gas stations, and 3 points per dollar on all other purchases.
Plus, you get nice perks such as IHG Platinum Elite status, a free anniversary free night, fourth night free on award stays, purchase protection, and Global Entry, TSA PreCheck, or a NEXUS statement credit.
3. Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express
- Earn 15,000 Membership Rewards Points for $3,000 in Eligible Purchases in the First 3 Months
- 2 Points Per Dollar on the First $50,000 in Purchases Each Calendar Year (1x Points thereafter)
- 0.0% Intro APR on purchases for the first 12 months. After that, a variable APR of 16.99% – 24.99%.
- No Annual Fee (Rates and Fees)
The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express is one of my favorite cards because it has no annual fee and earns 2x Membership Rewards points on the first $50,000 in purchases every year. After that, you will earn 1 point on all other eligible purchases.
You can transfer Membership Rewards to 18 airlines and three hotel points programs, with several great sweet spots to travel in business class to anywhere in the world.
I put all of my everyday business spending on my Blue Business Plus because it is a quick way to rack up points for my next trip.
4. Capital One Spark Miles for Business
The Capital One Spark Miles for Business is one of the top travel rewards credit cards for small business owners.
The card earns unlimited 2 miles per dollar on all purchases, which can be transferred to Capital One’s airline and hotel partners.
The Spark Miles also offers a $100 statement credit for your Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application and no foreign transaction fees.
5. Hilton Honors American Express Business Card
- Earn 130,000 Hilton Points After $5,000 in Eligible Purchases in the First 3 Months. Plus, a Free Night Reward After $10,000 in Eligible Purchases in the First 6 Months. Offer ends 12/21/22.
- Complimentary Hilton Honors Gold Status
- 12X Points at Hilton Properties
- 6X Points at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Restaurants
- 10 Complimentary Priority Pass Lounge Visits
- $95 Annual Fee & No Foreign Transaction Fees (Rates and Fees)
The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card offers complimentary Gold status with the chance to upgrade to Diamond status upon hitting the $40,000 spending threshold.
For a low annual fee of $95, this business card earns 12x Hilton Honors points at Hilton properties and 6x points in several categories:
- U.S. restaurants
- U.S. gas stations
- U.S. shipping purchases
- Wireless phone services with U.S. service providers
- Flights booked directly with airlines or with amextravel.com
- Car rentals booked directly from select car rental companies
The Hilton Honors Business card also offers a free night reward after spending $15,000 and a second free night reward after spending $45,000 per year.
Plus, you receive 10 free Priority Pass visits to airport lounges worldwide.
6. Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card
- Earn 75,000 Marriott Bonvoy Points after $3,000 in Eligible Purchases in the First 3 Months
- 6X Points at Marriott Hotels & Resorts
- 4X Points at Restaurants Worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, U.S. Phone Service Providers, and on U.S. Shipping Purchases.
- Annual Free Night Award (up to 35,000 Points)
- 15 Elite Night Credits and Gold Elite Status
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- $125 Annual Fee (Rates and Fees)
The Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card is a nice choice for business owners who want valuable hotel perks, including an annual free night at hotels costing 35,000 points plus 15 elite night credits to achieve higher status faster.
The Marriott Bonvoy Business card earns 6x points at participating hotels and 4x points at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers, and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
You also receive automatic Marriott Gold Elite status, which offers a 25% points bonus, welcome amenity, space-available room upgrade, and priority late check-out.
7. U.S. Bank Business Triple Cash Rewards World Elite™ Mastercard®
- Earn $500 Cash Back After Spending $4,500 in the First 150 Days on the Account Owner’s Card
- 5% Cash Back on Prepaid Hotels and Car Rentals via the U.S. Bank Travel Rewards Center
- 3% Cash Back at Gas and EV Charging Stations, Office Supply Stores, Cell Phone Service, and Restaurants
- $100 Annual Software Credit for Recurring Subscription
- No Annual Fee
The no-annual-fee U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards World Elite Mastercard® earns 3% cash back on eligible purchases at gas stations and EV charging stations, office supply stores, cell phone service providers, and restaurants.
8. Costco Anywhere Visa® Business Card by Citi
The Costco Anywhere Visa® Business Card by Citi is a no-annual-fee card that earns 4% cash back on gas up to $7,000 per year (then 1%), 3% cash back at restaurants and eligible travel purchases, and 2% cash back at Costco.
The Costco card also offers purchase protection and no foreign transaction fees.
9. Ink Business Cash Credit Card
- Earn a $900 Cash Welcome Bonus After Spending $6,000 in the First 90 Days
- 5% Cash Back at Office Supply Stores, Internet, Cable, and Phone Services up to $25,000 Each Account Year
- 2% Cash Back at Gas Stations and Restaurants Up to $25,000 Each Account Year
- Primary Rental Car Insurance
- Purchase Protection and Extended Warranty
- No Annual Fee
The no-annual-fee Chase Ink Business Cash® currently offers a $900 cash back bonus when you spend $6,000 in purchases in the first 3 months.
Plus, the Ink Business Cash earns:
- 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on internet, cable, and phone services each account anniversary year.
- 2% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at gas stations and restaurants each account anniversary year.
- 1% cash back on all other purchases.
The card also offers nice benefits such as primary rental car insurance (when renting for business purposes), 120-day purchase protection, and extended warranty protection.