The Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Business Card is a credit card designed for small business owners who stay at least a few times per year at Wyndham Hotels.
This card offers a nice welcome bonus, 8x points at Wyndham and at gas stations, Diamond Elite status, a 10% award discount, and more.
This article will cover everything you need to know about this card to determine if you should add this card or a different card to your wallet. Let’s dive right in.
The Wyndham Earner Business currently offers the following welcome bonus:
Earn up to 75,000 bonus points: 50,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days and 25,000 bonus points after spending $10,000 within the first 12 months.
The Wyndham Earner Business earns points at the following rates:
- 8 points per dollar on Wyndham purchases;
- 8 points per dollar at gas stations;
- 5 points per dollar on marketing and advertising;
- 5 points per dollar on utility purchases; and
- 1 point per dollar on all other purchases.
The Wyndham Earner Business has a $95 annual fee, which you can try to offset with Wyndham Diamond status and an annual bonus of 15,000 points.
You can also add employee cards to your account at no additional cost.
Card Benefits and Perks
Below are the card benefits and perks of the Wyndham Earner Business:
15,000 Points Annual Bonus
Cardmembers receive 15,000 bonus points each card anniversary for just holding the card.
This helps offset the annual fee and is enough for two nights at a lower-tier hotel or one night at a mid-tier hotel.
Wyndham Diamond Status
Cardmembers receive Wyndham Diamond elite status for holding this card, which gets you:
- Suite upgrades
- Late check-out and early check-in
- Two free tickets on award stays
- A welcome amenity
- Caesars Rewards Diamond status
Cardholders save 7% or 12% off the Best Available Rate. The typical Member Rate is a 5% to 10% discount, so this benefit is only about a 2% extra discount.
10% Award Discount
Wyndham cardholders automatically get a 10% discount on free night (Go Free) awards, which normally cost 7,500, 15,000, or 30,000 points.
With the discount, the free nights cost 6,750 points, 13,500 points, or 27,000 points, depending on the category.
Cell Phone Insurance
Breaking or losing your cell phone is never a pleasant experience, especially when cell phones cost over $800+ to replace.
You can avoid paying these steep costs when you pay your cell phone bill with this credit card.
There is no cost for cell phone insurance saving you about $10 per month per phone, but you will have to pay a small deductible if you make a claim.
Credit card extended warranty protection adds up to an additional year of coverage for eligible purchases on manufacturer’s warranties up to 3 years.
Coverage matches the protection provided by the original warranty so that damage or defect would have to be covered by the original warranty for extended warranty coverage.
No Foreign Transaction Fees
This card has no foreign transaction fees on purchases outside the U.S., which is helpful if you travel internationally to help you avoid paying a 3% fee on those international purchases.
0% APR for 6 Months on Timeshare Purchases
This card offers 0% promotional APR for 6 billing cycles on all Wyndham Timeshare Purchases. After that, your APR will be 20.99%, 24.99% or 29.99%, based on your creditworthiness.
Visa Savings Edge
This card gets access to Visa SavingsEdge, which provides statement credits for qualifying business purchases at participating merchants.
Discounts are automatically available after you enroll, or you can activate limited-time savings.
Pros and Cons
Here’s a quick overview of this card’s advantages and disadvantages:
- 8x points at gas stations is very lucrative.
- Wyndham Diamond Status and 10% Award Discount.
- 15,000 Anniversary points helps offset the annual fee.
- Only 1 point per dollar on everyday spending.
- Lack of travel protections.
Alternatives to Wyndham Earner Business
Now that you know about this credit card’s various benefits and pros and cons, it’s time to see its alternatives.
Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
Better for Travel and Purchase Protections
- 3X Points on Travel, Shipping, Advertising (Social Media and Search Engines), Internet, Cable, and Phone on the First $150,000 Each Account Year
- 25% Additional Points Value in Travel Redemption
- Primary Rental Car Insurance
- Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance
- Cell Phone Protection
- Purchase Protection and Extended Warranty
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- $95 Annual Fee
With this card, you’ll earn:
- 3 points per $1 spent on travel, shipping purchases, internet, cable, phone services, and advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines (up to $150,000 in combined purchases per account anniversary year).
- 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases, with no limit on the number of points you can earn.
Beyond the rewards, the Ink Business Preferred provides valuable benefits, including:
- Primary rental car insurance (when renting for business purposes).
- Cell phone protection (up to $600 per claim against theft or damage, with a maximum of three claims per year and a $100 deductible per claim).
- Purchase and extended warranty protection.
Hilton Honors American Express Business Card
If You Prefer Hilton Over Wyndham
- Complimentary Hilton Honors Gold Status
- 12X Points at Hilton Properties
- 6X Points at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Restaurants
- 10 Complimentary Priority Pass Lounge Visits
- $95 Annual Fee (rates & fees)
For a low annual fee of $95, this business card earns 12x Hilton Honors points at Hilton properties and 6x points in several categories:
- U.S. restaurants
- U.S. gas stations
- U.S. shipping purchases
- Wireless phone services with U.S. service providers
- Flights booked directly with airlines or with amextravel.com
- Car rentals booked directly from select car rental companies
The Hilton Honors Business card also offers a free night reward after spending $15,000 and a second free night reward after spending $45,000 per year.
Plus, you receive 10 free Priority Pass visits to airport lounges worldwide.
The American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card
Better for Cash Back
- 2% Cash Back On Up to $50,000 Per Year (1% Thereafter)
- 0% Intro APR on Purchases for 12 Months. After that, reg_apr,reg_apr_type. APRs will not exceed 29.99%.
- No Annual Fee (rates & fees)
This zero-annual-fee card earns a flat 2% cashback rate on all qualifying purchases up to $50,000 each year (1% thereafter).
The Blue Business Cash also offers expanded buying power, giving your business the flexibility to spend above your credit limit for your business expenses.
Is the Earner Business Card Worth It?
The Wyndham Earner Business is a good option if you stay at least a few times per year at Wyndham Hotels to take advantage of the Diamond Elite status.
If you prefer other hotel brands, here’s some good business card options: