The Emirates Mastercard has a $99 annual fee and gives you Silver elite status and no foreign transaction fees.
- 30,000 Mile Welcome Bonus After Spending $3,000 in First 90 Days
- Silver Tier Status During First Year
- 3x Miles on Emirates Flights
- 2x Miles Airfare, Hotels, and Car Rentals
- 1x Miles Everywhere Else
- Up to $99 Off Up to 4 Economy or Business Class Ticket Purchases
- $99 Annual Fee
Emirates Skywards Rewards Card Benefits
Silver Elite Status
Cardmembers receive Emirates Skywards Silver elite status their first year, which you can keep by spending $20,000 each cardmembership year.
Silver elite status gets you:
- Access to business class lounges in Dubai for the cardmember.
- 25% mileage bonus on Emirates flights.
- Free economy seat selection for the cardmember.
- Priority check-in and boarding.
Up to $99 Off Per Ticket
You can save up to $99 per ticket for up to four tickets on Emirates Airlines when booked from a U.S. gateway city to an Emirates destination.
The discount drops to $50 per ticket for flights between Newark and Athens and New York JFK and Milan.
If you want to learn more, review the fine print for the offer.
No Foreign Transaction Fees
This card has no foreign transaction fees on purchases outside the U.S., which is helpful if you travel internationally to help you avoid paying a 3% fee on those international purchases.
25% Savings on Buying or Gifting Miles
Cardmembers receive a 25% savings when you buy or gift Emirates Skywards miles.
Cell Phone Insurance
Breaking or losing your cell phone is never a pleasant experience, especially when cell phones cost over $800+ to replace.
You can avoid paying these steep costs when you pay your cell phone bill with this credit card.
There is no cost for cell phone insurance saving you about $10 per month per phone, but you will have to pay a small deductible if you make a claim.
Coverage for the Emirates Skywards Rewards card is up to $1,000 in yearly coverage, with a maximum of $800 per claim and up to two claims per year.
Alternatives to Emirates Card
Chase Sapphire Preferred
- Earn 60,000 Ultimate Rewards Bonus Points for Spending $4,000 in the First 3 Months
- 5x Points on Travel Booked Via Chase
- 3x Points on Dining and Eligible Delivery Services
- 3x Points on Select Streaming and Online Grocery (excluding Walmart, Target, and Wholesale Clubs)
- 2x Points on All Other Travel Purchases
- 10% Anniversary Points Boost
- Trip Delay and Trip Cancellation Insurance
- Primary Rental Car Insurance
- $95 Annual Fee
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card is one of the best rewards cards for travelers who want solid earning rates for travel and dining expenses.
For only $95 per year, this card earns 5x Chase Ultimate Rewards points on travel booked through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal, 3x points on dining, online groceries, and streaming services, and 2x on all other travel purchases.
Cardholders will also get a 10% anniversary points bonus, a 12-month DoorDash DashPass subscription, and a $50- anniversary hotel statement credit.
Plus, it provides extensive travel protections, including trip delay, primary rental car, baggage, and purchase protection plans.
Citi Premier Card
- Earn 60,000 Points After Spending $4,000 in the First 3 Months
- 3x Points at Restaurants, Supermarkets, Gas Stations, Flights, and Hotels
- $100 Off a Single $500 Hotel Stay Per Year
- Extended Warranty and Purchase Protections
- $95 Annual Fee
The Citi Premier® Card is the best card for earning points because it offers 3x points at restaurants, supermarkets, gas stations, airlines, and hotels.
The Premier card also comes with no foreign transaction fees, purchase protection, and an extended warranty for items purchased, adding an additional 24 months to the manufacturer’s warranty.
Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card
The Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card is a premium travel rewards card that’s perfect for travelers who want outstanding travel perks like annual travel credits, worldwide airport lounge access, and travel and purchase protections.
The Venture X earns 2x miles on all purchases helping you maximize every dollar of your spending. Plus, you can earn 10x miles on hotels and rental cars, and 5x miles on flights booked through Capital One.
The card has a $395 annual fee, completely offset by an easy-to-use travel credit of up to $300 back annually as statement credits for Bookings via Capital One Travel, and 10,000 points (worth at least $100) for each account anniversary.
Plus, you get airport lounge access via Priority Pass, Capital One, and Plaza Premium Lounges, Hertz President’s Circle elite status, Global Entry or TSA PreCheck credit, rental car insurance, trip and luggage insurance, cell phone insurance, and purchase protection.