Bank of America’s Museums On Us program allows customers to gain free general admission to more than 225 cultural institutions around the United States on the first Saturday and Sunday of each month.
Below is everything you need to know about the program, including what card you need, when you can visit, and the museums participating in the Museums on Us program.
Who is Eligible?
You are eligible for access on Free Museum Days if you hold a debit or credit card with Bank of America, Merrill Lynch, or Bank of America (U.S. Trust).
Only the cardholder is eligible for free access, and you must present your card and ID at the admission desk for access.
If you want to bring guests, you could add them as authorized users on a debit or credit card, so they have their own card for access.
2023 Free Museum Days
Bank of America’s Free museum days always falls on the first full weekend of every month. The dates of the Bank of America Museums on Us program in 2023 are:
- January 7 & 8
- February 4 & 5
- March 4 & 5
- April 1 & 2
- May 6 & 7
- June 3 & 4
- July 1 & 2
- August 5 & 6
- September 2 & 3
- October 7 & 8
- November 4 & 5
- December 2 & 3
Eligible Museums for Free Days
Here is a list of eligible museums and a map view of museums.
- Albuquerque- The National Museum of Nuclear Science and History.
- Boston- Museum of Fine Arts.
- Chicago- Art Institute of Chicago.
- Chicago- Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago (MCA).
- Chicago – Chicago History Museum.
- Cleveland- Great Lakes Science Center.
- Indianapolis- Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum.
- Kansas City- The National WWI Museum and Memorial.
- Los Angeles- Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA).
- New York City- Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum.
- New York City- The Met.
- Pittsburgh- Carnegie Museum of Art.
- Oklahoma City- Oklahoma City National Memorial Museum.
- San Francisco- de Young.
- Santa Fe- Georgia O’Keefe Museum.
- Savannah (GA)- Georgia State Railroad Museum.
- Tuscon- Pima Air and Space Museum.
Bank of America’s Museum on Us program is a great free perk for merely holding one of their debit or credit cards.
Most museums cost $20-40 for access, which allows you to save a lot of money each year by planning trips on the first weekend of the month.