The Marriott Bonvoy Bevy™ American Express® Card is one of two brand-new Marriott cards that launched in September 2022, along with the almost identical Chase Marriott Bonvoy Bountiful™.
The Bonvoy Bevy attempts to be a mid-tier card between the luxury Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card (review) and budget Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card (review) but falls short of what you expect for a $250 annual fee card.
- 6x Points at Marriott Hotels and Resorts
- 1,000 Bonus Points Per Paid Stay
- Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status
- $250 Annual Fee and No Foreign Transaction Fees (Rates and Fees)
The Bonvoy Bevy Amex earns points at the following rates:
- 6 points per dollar on eligible purchases at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy;
- 4 points per dollar at restaurants worldwide, including take-out and delivery in the U.S.;
- 4 points per dollar at U.S. Supermarkets; and
- 2 points per dollar on all other eligible purchases.
There is a cap of $15,000 in combined purchases at restaurants and supermarkets for 4x points. After that cap, you will earn 2x points.
Bonvoy Bevy Card Benefits
1,000 Bonus Points Per Stay
This card offers 1,000 Marriott Bonvoy® bonus points per paid eligible stay booked directly with Marriott Bonvoy for properties participating in Marriott Bonvoy.
Marriot Bonvoy Gold Elite Status
This card comes with Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status, which gets you a 25% points bonus, welcome amenity, late checkout, enhanced room upgrades, and enhanced internet.
Free Night Award with Spending
You can earn 1 Free Night Award after spending $15,000 on eligible purchases in a calendar year, which can be used at a hotel for up to 50,000 points.
With a $250 annual fee, I expected this card to offer a free hotel night without a spending requirement, which is one disappointing aspect of this card.
15 Elite Night Credits
This card offers 15 elite night credits just by holding the card, which can help you reach higher elite levels with Marriott Bonvoy.
No Foreign Transaction Fees
This card has no foreign transaction fees on purchases outside the U.S., which is helpful if you travel internationally to help you avoid paying a 3% fee on those international purchases.
Access to Amex Offers
This card has access to Amex Offers, which are deals that are linked to your card, allowing you to save money or earn extra points on shopping, dining, and travel.
For example, there could be an offer such as spending $200+ at Marriott Hotels and Resorts and receiving $50 cash back as a statement credit.
You can find all of your Amex Offers by signing into your American Express account. You will need to “Add to Card” each offer to be eligible for the special offer.
Complimentary ShopRunner Membership
This card offers a complimentary membership to ShopRunner, giving you free two-day shipping and free returns at 100+ online retailers.
Eligible stores include Bloomingdales, Under Armour, American Eagle, Saks Off 5th, Cole Hann, Fanatics, Vera Bradley, Jockey, Kate Spade, NFL Shop, NBA Store, MLB Shop, and Coach.
Travel and Purchase Protections
Secondary Rental Car Insurance*
Secondary rental car insurance covers any damage to a rental car not covered by your primary insurance when you pay for the rental using this card.
Other credit cards offer primary rental car insurance, which pays before your insurance and saves you the hassle of filing multiple insurance claims.
You still need to maintain liability car insurance to cover damage to another person or property.
Lost Luggage Reimbursement*
Lost luggage reimbursement covers the cost to repair or replace your luggage and the contents inside if your bag is lost or damaged during a covered trip.
You must purchase the trip with this card, and it will also cover immediate family members traveling with you.
Trip Delay Insurance*
This card offers trip delay insurance when you purchase your flight with this card.
This reimburses you for reasonable expenses things like hotels, food, transportation, and other necessary items.
Flights are increasingly delayed or canceled, and it is too risky to not use a card that offers free trip delay insurance.
Purchase protection could save you a lot of money if you bought an eligible item that is damaged or stolen within 90-days.
For example, if you accidentally dropped your new phone or laptop and broke the screen, you could file a claim to get it replaced if the item was purchased within the last 90 days.
Credit card extended warranty protection adds up to an additional year of coverage for eligible purchases on manufacturer’s warranties up to 5 years.
For example, if you bought a TV with a manufacturer’s warranty of three years, this card would extend the warranty for free to the fourth year.
*(Eligibility and Benefit level varies by Card. Terms, Conditions, and Limitations Apply. Please visit americanexpress.com/
Bonvoy Bevy Pros and Cons
Here’s a quick overview of this card’s advantages and disadvantages:
- Marriott Gold Elite status
- 1,000 Marriott bonus points per eligible stay
- Free night requires $15,000 in spending per cardmember year.
- Lower annual fee cards like the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card offer similar benefits.
- Frequent Marriott guests are better off with the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card
- Lack of a fee credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck
- Lack of access to Priority Pass lounges
- Lack of statement credits
Alternatives to Bevy Card
Now that you know about this credit card’s various benefits and pros and cons, it’s time to see its alternatives.
Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card
- 6X Points at Marriott Hotels & Resorts
- Up to a $300 Statement Credit for Eligible Purchases at Restaurants Worldwide Each Year ($25 Per Month)
- Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite Status
- Free Anniversary Night Award (Up to 85,000 Points)
- Priority Pass Airport Lounge Access
- $650 Annual Fee and No Foreign Transaction Fees (Rates and Fees)
The Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card is a premium hotel card that gets you Platinum Elite status, a free annual hotel night up to 85,000 points, 6x points at Marriott Bonvoy hotels, and Priority Pass airport lounge access.
The Bonvoy Brillant comes with several great statement credits to help offset the annual fee, including:
- Up to $300 in statement credits per calendar year (up to $25 per month) for eligible purchases at restaurants worldwide.
- Priority Pass airport lounge access
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck credit
- Cell phone insurance
- 25 Marriott Elite night credits to help you reach higher status
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- 5x Points on Travel Booked Via Chase
- 3x Points on Dining and Eligible Delivery Services
- 2x Points on All Other Travel Purchases
- 10% Anniversary Points Boost
- Trip Delay and Trip Cancellation Insurance
- Primary Rental Car Insurance
- $95 Annual Fee
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card (review) is one of the best rewards cards for travelers who want solid earning rates for travel and dining expenses.
For only $95 per year, this card earns 5x Chase Ultimate Rewards points on travel booked through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal, 3x points on dining, online groceries, and streaming services, and 2x on all other travel purchases.
Cardholders will also get a 10% anniversary points bonus, a 12-month DoorDash DashPass subscription when activated by December 31, 2024, and a $50 anniversary hotel statement credit.
Plus, it provides extensive travel protections, including trip delay, primary rental car, baggage, and purchase protection plans.
Is the Bonvoy Bevy Worth It?
No, in most situations.
If you stay at Marriott hotels less than ten nights a year, you are better off with the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card (review).
If you stay more than ten nights a year, you will likely find the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card (review) is worth the high annual fee with the Platinum Elite status, statement credits, 25 elite night credits, and airport lounge access.