The Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express earns 3% cash back at U.S. supermarkets, on U.S. Online Purchases, and at U.S. gas stations.
The Blue Cash Everyday also comes with some nice benefits such as rental car insurance, purchase protection, and an extended warranty.
- Earn a $200 Statement Credit After Spending $2,000 in the First 6 Months.
- 3% Cash Back at U.S. Supermarkets, U.S. Online Retail Purchases, & U.S. Gas Stations (each on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, 1% thereafter)
- 0% Intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months from the date of account opening. After that, 18.74% to 29.74% variable APR.
- No Annual Fee (Rates and Fees)
$200 Welcome Bonus
The Blue Cash Everday Card offers a welcome bonus of up to $200 back as a statement credit when you spend $2,000 in the first 6 months.
Earning Cash Back
The Blue Cash Everyday card earns cash back at the following rates:
- 3% cash back at U.S. supermarkets, on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%).
- 3% cash back on U.S. online retail purchases on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%)
- 3% cash back at U.S. gas stations, on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%)
- 1% cash back on all other eligible purchases
Blue Cash Everyday Benefits
$7 Monthly Statement Credit on the Disney Bundle
The Blue Cash Everyday card offers $7 back in the form of a statement credit each month (up to $84 annually) after spending $12.99 or more each month on an eligible subscription to the Disney Bundle, which includes Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+.
Enrollment is required for this benefit.
$180 Home Chef Credit (up to $15 Per Month)
The Blue Cash Everyday offers up to a $180 credit to the meal delivery service Home Chef, which comes in the form of a $15 monthly statement credit when you enroll your card.
Home Chef costs about $60 a week for 3 Meals w/ 2 servings or $9.99 per serving with a minimum order of $40 for free shipping.
Secondary Rental Car Insurance
Secondary rental car insurance covers any damage to a rental car not covered by your primary insurance when you pay for the rental using this card.
Other credit cards offer primary rental car insurance, which pays before your insurance and saves you the hassle of filing multiple insurance claims.
But there are situations where this secondary insurance becomes the primary insurance, including when renting a car outside the U.S. and your personal car insurance does not cover you in that country, or if you don’t have collision insurance.
You still need to maintain liability car insurance to cover damage to another person or property.
Purchase protection could save you a lot of money if you bought an eligible item that is damaged or stolen within 90-days.
For example, if you accidentally dropped your new phone or laptop and broke the screen, you could file a claim to get it replaced if the item was purchased within the last 90 days.
Coverage for this benefit is limited to $10,000 per claim and up to $50,000 per cardholder.
This card has access to Amex Offers, which are deals that are linked to your card, allowing you to save money or earn extra points on shopping, dining, and travel.
For example, there could be an offer such as spending $200+ at Marriott Hotels and Resorts and receiving $50 cash back as a statement credit.
You can find all of your Amex Offers by signing into your American Express account. You will need to “Add to Card” each offer to be eligible for the special offer.