The Plum Card® from American Express is pretty unique. You either get 1.5% cashback if you pay your balance within 10 days of the statement date, OR you get no cashback, but you get 60 days to pay your balance interest-free.
- Earn 1.5% Cash Back When You Pay Balance Within 10 Days of Statement Closing Date OR Carry Your Balance for Up to 60 Days With Zero Interest
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- $250 Annual Fee and No Foreign Transaction Fees (Rates and Fees)
Plum Card Benefits
No Pre-Set Spending Limit– The Plum card is a charge card with no preset spending limit.
Free Employee Cards– You can add employee cards to your account for no additional annual fee.
No Foreign Transaction Fees– You can use your Plum card anywhere in the world without having to pay a foreign transaction fee, which saves you about 3%.
Secondary Rental Car Insurance– The Plum card offers secondary rental car insurance when you pay for your rental with your card. Secondary insurance pays for anything that your insurance does not pay when a rental car is damaged.
Extended Warranty– The Plum card extends the original manufacturer’s warranty up to an additional year of warranties of five years or less.
Purchase Protection– Items purchased with the Plum card are covered from theft or accidental damage for up to 90 days from purchase.
Return Protection– If a merchant refuses to accept an item’s return within 90 days, the Plum card can reimburse you the purchase price up to $300 per item.
Alternatives to the Amex Plum Card
Blue Business Plus from American Express
- Earn 15,000 Membership Rewards Points for $3,000 in Eligible Purchases in the First 3 Months
- 2 Points Per Dollar on the First $50,000 in Purchases Each Calendar Year (1x Points thereafter)
- 0.0% Intro APR on purchases for the first 12 months. After that, a variable APR of 16.24% – 24.24%.
- No Annual Fee (Rates and Fees)
The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express is one of my favorite cards because it has no annual fee and earns 2x Membership Rewards points on the first $50,000 in purchases every year. After that, you will earn 1 point per dollar on all of your purchases.
The ability to earn 2x points makes the Blue Business Plus one of the best cards for everyday spending.
Chase Ink Preferred
- Earn 100,000 Ultimate Rewards Points After Spending $15,000 in Purchases in the First 3 Months
- 3X Points on Travel, Shipping, Advertising (Social Media and Search Engines), Internet, Cable, and Phone on the First $150,000 Each Account Year
- 25% Additional Points Value in Travel Redemption
- Primary Rental Car Insurance
- Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance
- Cell Phone Protection
- Purchase Protection and Extended Warranty
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- $95 Annual Fee
The Ink Business Preferred® is a versatile business rewards card earning 3x Chase Ultimate Rewards points on up to $150,000 in combined purchases per year in business categories, including shipping, online advertising, internet, phone, and travel.
This business card offers a lucrative bonus of 100,000 points worth $1,000 cash back or $1,250 when redeemed toward travel via Chase.
For $95 per year, the Chase Ink Business Preferred offers comprehensive protection, including trip cancellation insurance, trip delay insurance, primary rental car insurance, purchase protection, cell phone insurance, and extended warranty.