The Plum Card® from American Express is pretty unique. You either get 1.5% cashback if you pay your balance within 10 days of the statement date, OR you get no cashback, but you get 60 days to pay your balance interest-free.
- Earn 1.5% Cash Back When You Pay Balance Within 10 Days of Statement Closing Date OR Carry Your Balance for Up to 60 Days With Zero Interest
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- $250 Annual Fee and No Foreign Transaction Fees (Rates and Fees)
Plum Card Benefits
No Pre-Set Spending Limit– The Plum card is a charge card with no preset spending limit.
Free Employee Cards– You can add employee cards to your account for no additional annual fee.
No Foreign Transaction Fees– You can use your Plum card anywhere in the world without having to pay a foreign transaction fee, which saves you about 3%.
Secondary Rental Car Insurance– The Plum card offers secondary rental car insurance when you pay for your rental with your card. Secondary insurance pays for anything that your insurance does not pay when a rental car is damaged.
Extended Warranty– The Plum card extends the original manufacturer’s warranty up to an additional year of warranties of five years or less.
Purchase Protection– Items purchased with the Plum card are covered from theft or accidental damage for up to 90 days from purchase.
Return Protection– If a merchant refuses to accept an item’s return within 90 days, the Plum card can reimburse you the purchase price up to $300 per item.
Alternatives to the Amex Plum Card
Blue Business Plus from American Express
- 2 Points Per Dollar on the First $50,000 in Purchases Each Calendar Year (1x Points thereafter)
- 0.0% Intro APR on purchases for the first 12 months. After that, reg_apr,reg_apr_type APR.
- No Annual Fee (rates & fees)
The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express is one of my favorite cards because it has no annual fee and earns 2x Membership Rewards points on the first $50,000 in purchases every year. After that, you will earn 1 point on all other eligible purchases.
You can transfer Membership Rewards to 18 airlines and three hotel points programs, with several great sweet spots to travel in business class to anywhere in the world.
I put all of my everyday business spending on my Blue Business Plus because it is a quick way to rack up points for my next trip.
Chase Ink Preferred
- Earn 100,000 Ultimate Rewards Points After Spending $15,000 in Purchases in the First 3 Months
- 3X Points on Travel, Shipping, Advertising (Social Media and Search Engines), Internet, Cable, and Phone on the First $150,000 Each Account Year
- 25% Additional Points Value in Travel Redemption
- Primary Rental Car Insurance
- Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance
- Cell Phone Protection
- Purchase Protection and Extended Warranty
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- $95 Annual Fee
The Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card (review) is an excellent choice for business owners looking for a card that offers valuable rewards and benefits.
With this card, you’ll earn:
- 3 points per $1 spent on travel, shipping purchases, internet, cable, phone services, and advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines (up to $150,000 in combined purchases per account anniversary year).
- 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases, with no limit on the number of points you can earn.
Beyond the rewards, the Ink Business Preferred provides valuable benefits, including:
- Primary rental car insurance (when renting for business purposes).
- Cell phone protection (up to $600 per claim against theft or damage, with a maximum of three claims per year and a $100 deductible per claim).
- Purchase and extended warranty protection.