Air Canada Aeroplan points expire 18 months from account activity, which can be extended by earning or redeeming one Aeroplan point.
Previously, Aeroplan points expired after 12 months from account inactivity, so this is nice improvement to their policy.
Ways to Extend Your Points
There are several ways you can reset the clock on your Aeroplan points:
- Flying on Air Canada.
- Flying on a partner and crediting the flight to Aeroplan.
- Redeeming Aeroplan points.
- Transferring American Express Membership Rewards, Capital One Rewards, or Marriott Bonvoy.
- Purchasing something with an Aeroplan credit card.
- Buying Aeroplan points.
- Donating points to charity.
- Transferring points to a friend or family member.
- Earning points through the Aeroplan shopping portal.
- Earning points with a partner retailer.